ALL Hawaii shows discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So next weekend we will all be here discussing tickets!!!!

I read somewhere else that U2 have only rented the stadium for three days: one day for the concert, and two days for set-up and tear-down.

However, if the April 8th show sells out quicky, I can't imagine them not putting another show on sale for the 9th... it's nearly free money for them at that point, really.

So, even if or when the April 8th show sells out on Ticketmaster this Saturday, wait for a possible announcement of a second show.

If U2 don't play in New Orleans afterwards, that April 9th show will be the final gig for a long, long time... I expect large segments of the U2 Nation to be on hand for this experience.

Hopefully, Don Ho opens

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
So, do you think they'll add one on the 9th? :hmm:

i dunno... I wouldn't hesitate a sellout anywhere else, but Honolulu is NOT densely populated.

I think it all depends on how many people fly into Hawaii for the first show.

It would be so much better if they did 2 shows, that way the 1st one wouldn't be a runner and they could play longer :)

I think that it will definately sell-out, although maybe not as fast as other stadiums in the world, but if they add a second show... I think that one might be tougher to sell-out.

But who cares!? I'll be down with just having the die-hards the second night!

just my thoughts...

4U2Play said:

Hopefully, Don Ho opens

this might seem like a REALLY stupid question, but is Don Ho that really nice Hawaiian guy that was on the Elevation tour at all the West Coast shows and was begging U2 to come to Hawaii?

I didn't see him at any shows this year and I just wanted to know if he was doing well.. surely this will make his decade!!

If not... and Don Ho is a band, then just ignore my smoking of the crack...

4U2Play said:
I read somewhere else that U2 have only rented the stadium for three days: one day for the concert, and two days for set-up and tear-down.

That was on one of the newspaper articles linked at the top of this thread...

bort269 said:

i dunno... I wouldn't hesitate a sellout anywhere else, but
Honolulu is NOT densely populated.

Bort,

Good points.

However, two things one must consider:

1. Spring Break

2. Easter Week

I suspect a lot of people will be travelling to Hawaii during that time anyway, and if they find out U2 is in town, a lot of these drunken college students might want to go.

Whether they buy their tickets quickly enough to convince Paul McGuinness, et al to put on a second show remains to be seen.

In any case, flights and hotel rooms will be scarce.

Do they allow camping on the beach?

bort269 said:

this might seem like a REALLY stupid question, but is Don Ho that really nice Hawaiian guy that was on the Elevation tour at all the West Coast shows and was begging U2 to come to Hawaii?

I didn't see him at any shows this year and I just wanted to know if he was doing well.. surely this will make his decade!!

Old guy? Sings "Tiny Bubbles"?

Great to hear that the concert's official!

I thought I might possibly be able to go, but I'm for sure not able to go anymore.

I just had to have some major work done on my car that was extremely expensive, and I'm still paying off my CC bills. Also, my parents have a timeshare in Honolulu, but will be using their 2006 dates in June. They've already booked the place, so that's out of the question.

Oh well, it was fun to dream about! I'm so jealous of all of you that get to go. It's going to be incredible! Good luck getting tickets, etc.

Lila64 said:
does anyone know how many people this Hawaii stadium can hold? :hmm:

From their website:

Aloha Stadium is the largest and most versatile multi-purpose facility of its kind in Hawaii. The 50,000-seat facility officially opened on September 12, 1975 and features a unique air film cushion movement system that makes it possible to move four 7,000-seat sections of the stands into three different configurations: a traditional diamond for baseball (doubling as a wide rectangle for soccer), an oval for football and a triangle for concerts and other stage-type events.

Aloha Stadium is home to the University of Hawaii's Warriors football team and hosts a multitude of other events including NFL Pro Bowl, baseball games, soccer matches, concerts, car shows, fairs and a swap meet - a popular shopping site for residents and tourists.

:dancing: As if there was any doubt that the show was happening. :wink: AND I just booked my hotel tonight, same hotel as Miroslava, I found a good rate for there so I went for it. Just me at the moment, so if anyone (gals only) is looking for a room share, let me know - I have it requested as smoking but I can change it to non-smoking if I have to.

Lila64, football capacity for the stadium is 50,000. With the stage blocking off a chunk of seating offset by field GA, I was thinking 45,000, although one of the Honolulu newspaper articles was saying 60,000, so I dunno.

:shrug:

On to the ticket madness! :D

Just in case there was any doubt!!

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1866

Vertigo 06 For Santiago and Honolulu

U2 will head to Chile next month and then to Hawai in April. These are the latest dates to be announced for Vertigo '06 and tickets for both shows go on sale later this week.

The band will play at the Nacional Stadium in Santiago on February 26th with tickets going onsale this Wednesday.

And they will play the Aloha Stadium, in Honolulu, Hawaii on April 8th with tickets on sale from this Saturday.

As soon as we have prices and ticket-sale links for these shows we'll bring them to you.

This will be the first time the band have played in Chile since February 1998 and the PopMart Tour. And it is twenty years since the band last played Hawai, on The Unforgettable Fire Tour way back in March 1985.

Pop Artist said:
:dancing: As if there was any doubt that the show was happening. :wink: AND I just booked my hotel tonight, same hotel as Miroslava, I found a good rate for there so I went for it. Just me at the moment, so if anyone (gals only) is looking for a room share, let me know - I have it requested as smoking but I can change it to non-smoking if I have to.

Lila64, football capacity for the stadium is 50,000. With the stage blocking off a chunk of seating offset by field GA, I was thinking 45,000, although one of the Honolulu newspaper articles was saying 60,000, so I dunno.

:shrug:

On to the ticket madness! :D

I am going to say put me on a list to room share as the ones I was planning to travel and stay with are kind of flaking in that they don't think they need to make reservations already. Eek! I am starting to freak out a bit! I don't want to go without a ticket, or without a place to stay.....I need to get some money so I can make some reservations for myself. My wonderful son today said he would be happy to loan me money. Things will change this week and I am going to go ahead and make my plans....my friends can catch up with me! I know one or 2 others who might be looking for a place to bunk....hotpepper and R8drgurl.

I know we're amongst friends and it will all work out!

:wink:

Yay Pop Artist! :hyper:

As far as capacity, the numbers given by the website factor in seating, but not GA, so even with the blocked seats (which may not be too many given their ability to reconfigure some of them) and GA, the 60,000 seems doable...

New thread coming up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom