A ticket for Chicago 5/7 just as tough as MSG 5/21

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know about a 'tough' ticket, but MSG is 'THE' ticket. MSG, from a historical perspective is the 'holy grail' of concert venues. Sure, there are cities that are louder (perhaps..), but NYC and MSG represent the pinnacle of so many things that will make those shows more legendary that most, if not all, others.

How are U2 prices for the 3rd leg chicago? Just as high?

I think that, for U2 at least, playing in thier homeland is thier holy grail.

Third leg Chicago took a couple of weeks to sell out. 'Nuff said.

I'll repeat what I've said numerous times before... Chicago is a major hub city for airlines and for those willing to drive. It's a given that U2 is not touring many cities during the first leg. As a result, the Saturday Chicago show (5/7) tix are in super demand because of the ppl that can fly/drive to Chicago from those areas that U2 is not touring. (May 7 GA's are going for $1000 on ebay.)

The other Chicago weeknight shows, by contrast, do not have as much demand. (GA's for weeknight shows are going for about $300.) In fact, seated tix for those "other" Chicago shows are going for far below face value. (I bought two $220 Sectin 333 tix for $50 total, including shipping on ebay!)

One variable is the DVD-shoot rumored for the Chicago shows. At this point, no one knows whether they will be shooting all four nights or just Saturday 5/7. At this point, the 5/7 show is an anomaly because of the Chicago's "hub city" designation, not because of the DVD-shoot. Otherwise, the demand would be through the roof for each Chicago show, not just the 5/7 show.

Not disrespecting the demand for the 5/7 Chicago show or even the Boston 5/28 show, but the MSG 5/21 show is in another galaxy. MSG 5/21 tix (even the worst pair of Section 400 seats) are selling at up to 4 times face value. No other show, not even Dublin or London, can boast such a mark-up owing to demand.

Just my 2 pence...

Back
Top Bottom