2 More MSG 11/21 and 11/22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
headache, while we are all happy u2 is doing 7 shows, i'm not about to call you karnak..if you've been checking these boards since the initial leg was announced in january, rumors about oct 7, 8, 10, 11, 14 were there right at the beginning, and a total of 5 to 9 shows was routinely bandied about here by many of the board members

The final # by the way, and you can call me karnak for this one, wont be the beloved mickey mantle's number, but will be #8, the great yogi berra's #....one more show will be added on monday after the first 2 get sold out...

jonathan26 said:
headache, while we are all happy u2 is doing 7 shows, i'm not about to call you karnak..if you've been checking these boards since the initial leg was announced in january, rumors about oct 7, 8, 10, 11, 14 were there right at the beginning, and a total of 5 to 9 shows was routinely bandied about here by many of the board members

The final # by the way, and you can call me karnak for this one, wont be the beloved mickey mantle's number, but will be #8, the great yogi berra's #....one more show will be added on monday after the first 2 get sold out...

Isn't the number already at 8? One more would be 9.

jonathan26 said:

well i hope you're right about the 8th show being added, and i suppose you're also right about not calling me karnak... after all, karnak was supposed to be psychic. my saying 7 was based on info. so i guess you're right on that one.

hey my comments were all in good fun headache :) we are all big u2 fans and i'm hoping the total # of msg shows winds up at 9 and beyond!!!

So how many people do we think will be buying tickets for the Nov. MSG shows during the next two days' pre-sales? Wouldn't most Prop/U2.com members have used their codes this past week if they wanted to see U2 in NYC?

My guess is that there will be a LOT of tickets available in next Monday's general on-sale.

jon_lemire said:
So how many people do we think will be buying tickets for the Nov. MSG shows during the next two days' pre-sales? Wouldn't most Prop/U2.com members have used their codes this past week if they wanted to see U2 in NYC?

My guess is that there will be a LOT of tickets available in next Monday's general on-sale.

that's true... but i have they are saving alot of tix for vips or sponsors or celebs.

jonathan26 said:

A ninth?? <thud> Oy! <smacks head in mixture of happiness and consternation> :combust:

Last edited:
Do we really think another show will be added on Monday? To do so, they've have to violate their "no shows on 3 straight dates rule" because they're already playing Nov. 18+19 in Atlanta, Nov. 21+22 at MSG, and Nov. 25+26 in Ottawa/Montreal.

I don't think I see room for another NYC show. Are people hearing differently?

Last edited:
I'll put money down that after the 11/21 and 11/22 shows sellout, they'll add 2 more shows in that area between Montreal and Boston in the schedule.

5/21
10/7
10/8
10/10
10/11
10/14
11/21
11/22
*2 more sometime between 11/28 and 12/2

Making 10 shows at MSG on this tour, and 12 shows in the NYC area counting the NJ shows in May. This WILL happen, I just can feel it.

jon_lemire said:
Do we really think another show will be added on Monday? To do so, they've have to violate their "no shows on 3 straight dates rule" because they're already playing Nov. 18+19 in Atlanta, Nov. 21+22 at MSG, and Nov. 25+26 in Ottawa/Montreal.

I don't think I see room for another NYC show. Are people hearing differently?

They COULD add another one, you know. The 'no shows on 3 straight dates' rule is somewhat of a myth. U2 played three nights in a row on two separate occasions on the last leg of Elevation.

I know "no shows on 3 straight days" isn't an actual rule, but it is noteworthy how they only did it rarely on Elevation and they have gone out of their way to avoid it completely so far on Vertigo.

It's just hard to imagine another show on Nov. 23rd or even 2 more shows (10 in total!) at MSG in the window between Nov 30th - Dec. 2nd. Wouldn't another city make more sense? I'd LOVE it someone had a source on this, but I guess we may have to wait until Monday....

you do have to remember that madison square garden does have to be open for more than just concerts... in the time where these rogue 9th and 10th concerts are to be scheduled according to you guys, there's the preseason NIT, knick games, ranger games (maybe), st. john's games, the dreyfus holiday classic, coaches vs. cancer, as well as any other concerts that may be scheduled at the time.

it's not like they can just pick a day at random. every building has it's limits, especially dead smack in the middle of the garden's busy season. if it was the summer, fine... they'd move the new york liberty to radio city like they did for the RNC. but they ain't moving the knicks for anyone short of the pope.

jonathan26 said:

wink wink nudge nudge

Back
Top Bottom