Zoo station/The fly vs UTEOTW/MW encore

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How about The Fly --> UTEOTW from two of the Boston shows in May? :drool:

Zoo and The Fly was WAY better. Its not even close for me. I actually liked The First Time encore better than the UTEOTW one. (ducks!) :laugh:

I would have loved to hear Zoo Station and The Fly in the two shows I went to...but UTEOTW is such a great song live it made up for the other two not being in the set.

Blue Room said:
I actually liked The First Time encore better than the UTEOTW one. (ducks!) :laugh:

Yeah...I wonder why they are not playing TFT no more as well as Wild Horses.
Instead they play Stuck each night.

But to answer the question : ZOO and Fly all the way.
They blew the CLOSED roof of in Amsterdam:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Axver said:
How about The Fly --> UTEOTW from two of the Boston shows in May? :drool:

Good point...let's include the third Zoo TV-fied encore in this thread.

Zoo Station and The Fly are a much better encore. I think Zoo Station works much better as the encore opener and The Fly is always great to hear live.

Zoo and The Fly

they fit the Zoo-theme they wanted to do more and are a bit of a fresh air compared to the other 2 IMO

Zoo Station was a just mess when I saw it. The Fly was simply awesome. I'd be happy to get UTEOTW/MW next time.

I was lucky enough to see:
Zoo Station- The Fly- Mysterious ways
Until the End- The Fly
Until The End- Mysterious Ways + The First Time

UTTEOW- The Fly was the best of all. Opening the encore with UTTEOW- and then the fly is the hardest rocking encore they could do, and was just about perfect.

Until the End- a great opener to the encore- great lights and intensity- shows why the song should still be played even after so many times. It also showed how awesome it would be to open the set of the entire show- something I have always wanted- and i kind of got to see it.

Of all those songs, i prefer the fly and then until the end of the world. love zoo station but on this tour it was kind of weak- and mysterious ways i don't really care if i ever hear live again. I think its a good song, but doesn't really do anything for me.

I agree with blueroom on the First Time- it was wonderful, and I got to see it with the zoo encore. Wonderful song- beautiful and soo much better than stuck in a moment. Really a shame they stopped rotating it I guess stuck gets the spot- b/c more people know they song.

well, remember that:

zoo station on leg 2 >>>>>>>>>> leg 1 & 3

it wins both musically (powerful Larry's drumming in the beggining; rest of the song is somehow also better) and visually (big screen :drool:)

I wish I could see live zoo station/the fly/mysterious ways, but I'm still happy with zoo station/the fly/wowy :drool:

discotheque/thefly, but thats not a zoo encore.

but its tough to compare zoo station/ the fly as when i saw them, they came with mysterioys was too so that was there too. and i'd rather see zoo station AND the fly than until the end of the world. im not making any sense, though.

My favorite was definitely the fourth Chicago show this year! We got UTEOTW, The Fly, and then Mysterious Ways. Absolutely brilliant!

Zoo Station, that song has serious balls, makes a grand over the top entrance.

I got The First Time in Dallas. :|

I didn't see the UTEOTW encore (stupid Cleveland selling out so fast!) but I did see the Zoo Station/Fly encore, and Zoo Station really didn't do much for me. I don't even really like the song all that much on the album, come to think of it. The Fly always is great. I think the Fly/UTEOTW encore that Boston had would have been the best option.

The best encore I saw was in Detroit on 10/25. The first time, Who's gonna ride your wild horses, WOWY, Crumbs, and Bad. That encore kicked ass!

Back
Top Bottom