Yahweh live is a travesty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was chocked the first time I heard Yahweh live. My very first reaction was "What the f**k have they done" but after two seconds I totally fell in love with it. It's so naked and focuses on the lovely, lovely lyrics and with the art on the screens it's just mindblowing. And the strength and passion when the whole audience joins in for the yahweh's is just fantastic, it so totally makes a beautiful ending to the show.

Loved it on the album, blown away by it live!

Pics from Dublin: http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa3

Canadiens1160 said:
Yahweh Alternate Version would just not work live. Too many guitar parts, and unlike many U2 songs, I don't think the main melody from the studio can be paired down to just one Edge guitar for the show. And Bono can't handle those strumming patterns or delay, let's face it.

Hi Canadiens1160!

I dissagree with you on this. We have played this song with our band(3 of us, 4th and 5th member went pissing:wink: ) just drums, bas, vocals/guitar...it is an incredible livesong only with these 3 instruments. The albumversion is way too "crowded"with guitars. but the basic structure of the Lat version is really simple and very effective...I would like to see them try it. If WE can play it, then they definately must be able to kick ass on this song..:wink:

zwervers2 said:

Hi Canadiens1160!

I dissagree with you on this. We have played this song with our band(3 of us, 4th and 5th member went pissing:wink: ) just drums, bas, vocals/guitar...it is an incredible livesong only with these 3 instruments. The albumversion is way too "crowded"with guitars. but the basic structure of the Lat version is really simple and very effective...I would like to see them try it. If WE can play it, then they definately must be able to kick ass on this song..:wink:
yes, you must be better than U2

KUEFC09U2 said:
yes, you must be better than U2

I wonder.. If Bono shouted at you during a concert and called a loved one(family friends) a bitch. would you be angry at bono or will it be a moment where you think. man it's Bono he must be right because in your world there is no F*** way that the boys can do anything wrong. and yes again we play Yahweh electric and if you had read my post a litlle better in stead of reading what you only want to read you would have seent he following sentence: "If WE can play it, then they definately must be able to kick ass on this song" :wink:

What part of that sentence do you not understand?

zwervers you should record some of your u2 covers and post them

I prefer the album version.
Like Ground beneath her feet, I feel this song loses too much in its acoustic form.

Chizip said:
zwervers you should record some of your u2 covers and post them

Chizip...That is a great idea!...Will work on yahweh after the recordingsession half juli..let's see if we nail it like I said

Really enjoy both versions of this song. The live version is a prayer that they close with....It would be better if followed with Walk On :wink:

Back
Top Bottom