With or Without You Yes or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jphelmet

Refugee
A lot of people like to bash any version of wowoy that is post pretty much the rattle and hum version. I am just curious how many people would like to see it played when they see U2 this tour.

I think it sounded great , the one time they play it, and would like to hear it at every U2 show I attend. I have seen U2 19 times, and they have played it at 18 of the shows, and the one time they didn't I missed it greatly. (I am trying to come to grips with the fact I will probably not get to hear it at any of the 4 shows I am going to next week)

I am not lookig for the bashing of it has not emotion, and they are bored with, and Bono can't sing it anymore- I just want to know do you want to hear when you see them this tour. Yes or No.

Yes.

Although it has seen better days, too many people judge it simply on bootlegs. I know when i saw it on the Elevation Tour it sounded great and the crowd really gets into it. The same can't be said for some of the songs played on the Vertigo Tour at least in terms of the crowd getting into it (An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart, Zoo Station--even though I personally loved both they killed the momentum in the audience)

Yes, it hasn't declined as much as Pride or SBS. Most of the song is sung in a lower key so Bono doesn't have as much trouble with it as those others. Not to mention that was the song that pretty much pushed them into super stardom. It is kind of frustrating to hear Bullet EVERY show then no WOWY....

No.

(Wouldn't "with or without" have made more sense than "yes or no"?)

Don't care. As much as I bash post-Zoo versions, if they play it, I'll enjoy it. And if they don't play it, I won't miss it, I'll enjoy whatever else they play.

I like the song, but I don't think it would fit. So no, I guess. But if they played it, I'm not going to be like...THIS SUCKS! I'm still going to enjoy it. Ya know what i mean. So like, I don't think it'll fit but if they play it, that's still aight.

Yes, IF they would either re-tool it somehow or go back to playing it like they used to, either the ZOOtv versions or JT/RnH. Ever since POPmart the song has been played in such a lazy, lethargic fashion that it doesn't really get moving until the end. The fact that they also tend to end the song after less than 5 minutes doesn't help either. No Edge guitar solo, no "shine like stars verse", just another quick "oh-oh-oh-ohhh" and then kaput.

What I wouldn't do to have another perfect, soundboard-quality ZOOtv or earlier version:drool: I've played the one off the RnH video until I've become literally sick of it. I also have ZOOtv Live in Sydney, but for some reason they really butchered WOWY in that one.:|

No.
Except if it has the Shine Like Stars verse.

I see a good place for WOWY in the final encore.

All because of you
With or Without you
Yahweh (full version)

end of show

The final encore lacks classic appeal. And 40 just doesn't cut it no more as it did in the old days. Modern audiences are spoiled shits who expect encores rather then try to get the band to play another one. Most stop singing how long and pack in seconds after Larry leaves the stage. 40 needs an audience to continue singing for minutes. Without it, I'd rather have something else.

YES

The ending of it on 12th May Chicago was good - they just need the proper extra verse and the extended Guitar ending and it would kick ass.

yes. yes yes yes yes yes.
i hope it becomes a regular part of the show by the third leg.

I'm hoping IN SUCH A BIG WAY.......that when they come to Boston that they will be having WOWY in the setlist. I too have heard that song at every show since 1987 and, to me, to leave that song out (especially the way the crowd goes for it) is sort of like retiring the song from "us" to early..................

Yes. I'd love to hear it. Though I wish Bono wouldn't be as subdued with his singing for the first part of the song.. I like the version from Chicago 4, but Bono seems to be almost whispering the lyrics in the beginning..

I really enjoyed WOWY as the song right before the break. The entire crowd was really loving it, and the place was hopping while U2 were offstage.

That experience is definitely worth repeating!

Back
Top Bottom