Will we lose 'Kite' on this new tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beau2ifulday

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Will we lose it to Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own? I can't see them both being played alot - Sometimes is obviously going to make more setlists, and rightly so. However, where does this leave Kite, which is basically Sometimes Part I. I greatly doubt we'll be seeing it so much :(

I don't think there's any question on that. I'm afraid we lose Elevation. I don't want that!

I highly doubt we'll lose Kite..Bono said if U2 could ever be remembered for 1 song that it would be kite...

man, i loved the performance of Elevation and Kite!!! And i still prefer to open the tour with Elevation (not Vertigo)

Yeah, I think it's a lock that Kite is pretty much gone. I mean could anyone list a reasonable setlist in the HTDAAB Tour setlist thread that could contain Kite? I tried through possibilities and thinking of integrating the song in the setlist I came up with and I couldn't. I believe none of the other people filled it in as well, but then again some didn't even include SYCMIOYO.

As for the Sometimes Part 1 statement from beau2ifulday, this is what Bono had to say about Kite, which I feel pits it close to SYCMIOYO with respect to emotional connotations and the personal quality the song takes on and just thought I'd include this along with reasons why the two might not be able to coexist on a setlist.

INTERVIEW SNIPPET from the CHRIS EVANS BREAKFAST SHOW--
Chris Evans: "In a time of new media, that was the big idea" -- is written on this album. Obviously you now think that's not the big idea anymore.
Bono: Nope, that's the song "Kite" you're talking about there, that's a way of dating it. It's a very emotional song, "Kite," it's about letting go of somebody you love, we all have to do that, you know, whether it's a family or lovers or whatever, and I just wanted to put a date on it, it's no big comment.

I take my post back, I think I found a way of keeping Kite in the tour. Check my setlist under the thread U2 Live inquiries ... and tell me whatcha think. Cool.

Can't see Kite remaining somehow, in fact, I'm not sure what ATYCLB songs will be there.

Beautiful Day perhaps?

Ellay said:
Can't see Kite remaining somehow, in fact, I'm not sure what ATYCLB songs will be there.

Beautiful Day perhaps?

I think [[hope!!]] Beautiful Day will remain. I think it's a real crowd pleaser, and comes out well when performed live. Plus, they played it at the BBC HQ set, so I think that might hint at things to come.
Walk On/Elevation will probably stay, but won't be as frequent. Not so sure about New York, SIAM and IALW though...

one4u2 said:
I highly doubt we'll lose Kite..Bono said if U2 could ever be remembered for 1 song that it would be kite...

Sorry, but I don't think that will happen. To me they'll be remembered for songs like Heartland and Promenade. The ones that so many people don't know yet are, to me, greater than the singles. The classic album tracks that belong to U2 fans and not casual radio listeners.

They'll keep 2 maybe 3 ATYCLB songs.
All you who worry about Beautiful Day...
It's the most popular U2 song of this generation and I don't think one concert will miss it.
So no worries. I am sure.

Back
Top Bottom