Will We Have Any Surprises at the Glendale Shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desert Dog

War Child
Just wondering everyone's thoughts as to whether we will see any surprises at the Glendale shows. Seems the band is in a nostalgic mood for the real early days but I would love to see some JT songs dusted off or maybe even some UF or War songs.

my wish list:

In God's Country (acoustic version played in Phx 11/23/01 but would love to see full band workup)

One Tree Hill

Exit

Unforgettable Fire

A Sort of Homecoming

Two Hearts Beat as Once

Drowning Man

I would rather hear 11 O'Clock Tick Tock than Out of Control. They played Out of Control enough on the Elevation Tour.

All this Out Of Control talking. I'm not sure it'll make the cut. We have The Electric Co. as a regular, and I don't think we need more rockers from Boy. I predict Gloria coming back within the next week.

One Tree Hill is my all time favorite U2 song. I would love to see that added to the setlist. When they played it in Foxboro in 1987 I was psyched. Bono's arm was in a sling that night. That night or St. Pat's at the Garden was probably the best U2 show I've seen.

Desert Dog, after looking over your list, I would love to see all of those played on this tour. I'm not holding out much hope though.

I would love to hear one cover - All Along the Watchtower - done Lovetown style

The Glendale surprise will be when joyfulgirl gets a last minute ticket to the Thursday show, shows up at 8:45PM and waltzes into the oval. :D

I am getting nervous about not getting into the ellipse. But I will just have to leave that up to God.

Poor God, I don't think even He can get everybody into the ellipse. I'm (hopefully) doing a swap with someone so I can see both shows and it's good that we're going to do this by overnight mail because if he gets in with the ticket I gave him I don't want to know about it, lol. Best not to know what he looks like.

martha said:

:hyper:

*crosses fingers*

C'mon, martha, somebody's sellling 2 GAs for Thursday night at face value. Come with me and we can be GA buddies :yes:

joyfulgirl said:

C'mon, martha, somebody's sellling 2 GAs for Thursday night at face value. Come with me and we can be GA buddies :yes:

:scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

I'd have to leave here at 1 PM to get there in time and I'm still in class at that time and I can't miss any more school this year because I've been out so much due to meetings and I might miss a day for Bruce in LA and it's getting close to testing time and I just fucking can't. :sad:

Shit. I swore again.

Maybe they will finally break out that cover version of Wake Me Up Before You Go Go!!

i can't wait till phoenix! i have a reserved seat the first night (thanks Diamond) and GA for the second...didn't get scanned for the ellipse for the San Diego shows so I'm hoping this time will be it...

i'll look forward to seeing some of you in the GA line :wave:

Back
Top Bottom