Will U2 play Saints?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drt4

The Fly
Will U2 play "Saints" on leg 4? I hope so. That would be a thrilling rush of energy to see.

What do people guess?

Well, I think there is a pretty fair chance that they'll play it. Like when they played What's Going On, on the Elevation tour. That was a recent charity single, much like Saints is now. So I don't think it's unreasonable to expect Saints to get played.

And it's not like they need Green Day around to pull it off.

I don't think there's any good indicators either way. While U2 have sometimes performed covers regularly live, you can find just as many examples of them not doing a recently recorded cover at many or any shows.

Also, I'm honestly not sure where it would fit in the set, assuming they retain the standard Vertigo Tour structure. And they're already playing enough sucky songs, so I don't want them to add another. :wink:

They could use it to end the show instead of playing Vertigo again. Both songs have similar vibes. I would dig it. Who knows maybe it could sound even better live and they could end up adding diferent stuff to it.

Blue Room said:

How can you say that when you havent even heard it? It could be a very average song.

I'd rather hear an average original U2 song than a shit cover. Or even a good cover (except All Along The Watchtower, which is my exception that proves the rule).

no matter what they play they wont please everyone, there will always be the people whinging about not hearing acrobat or electrical storm or anything. maybe they could play window on the sky instead of pride in the goddam name of love for a change

Blue Room said:

How can you say that when you havent even heard it? It could be a very average song.

Because I strongly believe that it will turn out to be the 402 beach clip (which is a great thing!) and, like Axver said, I would rather hear a new U2 song than just a cover.

Axver said:
I don't think there's any good indicators either way. While U2 have sometimes performed covers regularly live, you can find just as many examples of them not doing a recently recorded cover at many or any shows.

Did you guys know that back in 1989 during Love Town , Everlasting Love was a top 40 hit in Holland?
Kinda strange since it was only a b-side and never played on Love Town.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Man, this leg is going to be ugly with the setlist critics. I can already tell by threads like this and a few others. Should be entertaining to watch.

Back
Top Bottom