Will bad stay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, but it could rotate. And I hate to see it replace Zoo Station(I'm very fond of Zoo since it was the first U2 song I ever heard).

I would say most likely it will stay, could be alternated with All I Want Is You at some shows...

Nick

I think it will be alternated but wont be on the single night main setlist. Multiple night cities will most likely see it at one of their shows though.

Blue Room said:
I think it will be alternated but wont be on the single night main setlist. Multiple night cities will most likely see it at one of their shows though.

:( I hope they play it in Cleveland even though it's a single night gig. I'll be sad if they don't play it because it's one of my favorites , plus it's my first U2 show.:huh:

Zoo Station was on the original setlist but was omitted (most likely for time constraints). I would like to see them permanently replace Pride with Bad.

scarlet october said:

:( I hope they play it in Cleveland even though it's a single night gig. I'll be sad if they don't play it because it's one of my favorites , plus it's my first U2 show.:huh:

The whole main setlist could be vastly different by the end of the third leg. So who knows what will be a standard at that point. Other than the Dismantle songs and Streets. :shrug:

I hope Bad stays...or like one person mentioned rotate it with Zoo Station...maybe.
Doesn't matter to me..I love both songs :)

I hope they play it at MSG in May, do you think it's a possibility?
Bad is my favorite song ever, so I can't even put into words how much it would mean to me to hear them play it live.

Listened to the download on U2 ACHTUNG.com; their snippet near end of Van Morrison's "In the Garden" makes a composite of 2 of my most favorite songs EVER!!!! AWSOME!!!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool:

You know, this is my favorite song ever, but I'd rather they NOT play it every night. It'd be good to see it as a regular, but just not every night. It makes it that much more special to hear. As long as they play it in Oakland :wink:

I saw 2 LA shows, and the omission of Bad really hurt my overall impresssion of the shows (although show 2 was a pretty strong outing). And as far as Zoo Station (which is a song I do Love) is concerned, it just didn't really do it for me this time around.

I hope Bad makes its frequent return now and we see it as often as Gloria and The Ocean. The Glendale version was really well done. I went to sleep last night listening to about 10 different live versions of Bad last night. :drool:

It's amazing how the addition of one song made the setlist seem complete. There are songs people want to hear that they haven't played yet, but "Bad" seems to make everybody happy. It's their ultimate live song - just listen to the studio version, no comparison. Along with "Streets" and "One," it should be played every night.

it better be played everynight! .. well at least once between the philly/dc shows.

unfortunately i havent had the luck of seeing this song performed live at any of the 5 u2 shows i've seen. :mad:

Bad is my favorite LIVE U2 song, hands down. Hearing it at the Glendale show shot waves of electricity through my body. I hope it gets added to the show on a permanent basis, but....I do think that if it's in rotation, hearing it at a show you attend will make it even more special.

That might be masochistic thinking, I don't know.

I'm just glad it's been played, so now at every show, you have a realistic chance yoof hearing it.

NYCGrace said:
I hope they play it at MSG in May, do you think it's a possibility?
Bad is my favorite song ever, so I can't even put into words how much it would mean to me to hear them play it live.

When U2 plays New York City EVERYTHING goes out the window. Everyone thinks their town is U2's favorite. Well, I went to college in Boston, I'm a huge, huge Sox fan (so I obviously detest the Yankees) and I can tell you that U2 plays nowhere like they play New York. Outside of Dublin City, it has to be their single favorite place to rock a live show. I skipped Boston, which is half the distance from me that NYC is, so that I could see them in New York.

With only a single night there you can bet your bottom dollar it will be a very very special one.

Did the Denver version of Bad have the snippet from Van Morrison's "In the Garden" in it (the 'No guru, no method, no teacher...' bit)? That really made the Glendale version for me.
Neil

E: "Hey Bono! Now that Zoo Station is gone we need another song from Achtung Baby so we can do the bullfight thing."
B: "You're right Edge. Hey! What about the best song I ever wrote! Let's play Until The End Of The World!"
E: "I thought you were tired of it!"
B: "I thought YOU were tired of it!"
E: "Oh."
B: "Let's play it every night from now on."
E: "Yeah."

My dream scenario.

Back
Top Bottom