Why two Vertigo's for the European leg??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
Can someone explain to me why U2 played Vertigo twice on the European leg of the tour? Were they two different versions? I've never understood why they did this and I've never even heard anyone say why they did this? Does anyone know? It just seems weird that a band, any band, would play the same song twice at one of thier concerts. I'm just curious. Thanks.

Probably due to many reasons:

1) They randomly played it as a closer a few times during the first leg, and they liked the reaction they got from it, so they decided to make it a staple on the second leg.

2) When they were really young they used to play their big hit twice in concert, so it was like a "going back to their roots" thing.

3) They wanted to perform the song in the dark so the stage could be used in all of its glory.

4) They really like playing the song.

5) They were having such a good time at the concerts that they had forgot that they already played Vertigo earlier in the show.

Chizip, you have lots of patience my friend.

Hallucination, this topic has been discussed at nauseum, hence my comment to Chizip....no disrespect inteded at all.:wink:

Numb1075 said:
Chizip, you have lots of patience my friend.

Hallucination, this topic has been discussed at nauseum, hence my comment to Chizip....no disrespect inteded at all.:wink:
No problem. I can't use the search feature or else I would've(in fact I tried) and I wasn't about to look through pages and pages to find the topic. Thanks for the reasoning Chizip, though I doubt they forgot they opend the show with it:laugh:

Yeah I know, but on Good Morning America Diane Sawyer actually used that as an excuse. She said that they were "accidentally" repeating songs because they were having such a good time they had forgotten what they had already played.

It was the most ridiculous this ever.

You forgot one, Chizip:

6) U2 like to start some severe arguments at Interference.com

16). No mockery, just fun. From me anyway.

17). And this is a cool number.

18) Yes to number 14. :yes:

And no, you're not being mocked, every single thread in this forum ends in a silly way. It has nothing to do with you. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom