Why this is the REAL setlist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Infinity

Refugee
The Vertigo tour, unlike the Elevation tour, is gonna be big and more rock 'n roll. In Elevation, U2 got rid of all the big rock, and it was more simple (though there were a few real rock tunes). In the Vertigo tour, expect more reak rock songs. Also, I have a feeling they are gonna play a lot of theyre Boy/October stuff, because they relate this new album so much to their early stuff. And by the way, expect atleast 7-8 HTDAAB songs each night because alotta people are makin setlists very similar to elevation and w/out many new songs. In my setlist I didn't include Sunday Bloody Sunday, Streets, Pride, or Until the End of the World, but I think its still good.

Main:
1. Vertigo
2. Love and Peace
3. Even better than the real thing
4. Miracle Drug
5. Sometimes
6. Crumbs
7. Electric Co.
8. New Year's Day
9. Gloria
Acoustic:
10. Electrical Storm
11. Running to stand still
12. Wild Honey
Main:
13. City of Blinding Lights
14. I Still Haven't Found
15. Please
16. Walk On
Encore 1:
17. All Because of You
18. Ultraviolet
19. Beautiful Day
20. With or Without You
Encore 2:
21. Origin of the Species
22. One
23. One Step Closer
24. Yahweh
25. 40

Last edited:
There's no way U2 would not include Streets in their setlist. I think they've even commented on it's importance in the live setting. Otherwise, I love the setlist. I could see them dropping SBS, Pride, NYD maybe. I hear a lot of The Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree in the new album, I wouldn't be surprised if those albums are represented more than Boy/October/War.

Like the setlist but some of those songs will not be done. Gloria wont be played, Bono has commented on his distaste for that song now. The whole band has said that song did not stand the test of time (I dont agree however). Ultraviolet would be awesome but I think its a fans pipe dream. Wild Honey was only played at a handful of Elevation shows so that is very doubdtful for this tour. I also dont think they will play One Step Closer live. Streets will definately be played. Also, they wont play 25 songs per night. The most they did on Elevation was 23 songs and that was only a couple times. Typically they average around 20 to 21 songs per show.

Electric Co is one of the songs I would like them to bring back the most, but I will be shocked ( :lol: no pun intended) if it is done on this tour.

Last edited:
Although I wouldn't say that it's shit without Streets, I agree that there's no way on God's green earth Streets will get left behind - I can't imagine it not being included. Rightly so if you ask me! That song never loses its energy, no matter how many times I hear it.

Last edited:
You talk about them playing rock and roll.... But where then is Bullet The Blue Sky and Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me and Desire?

You talk about them playing rock and roll.... But where then is Bullet The Blue Sky and Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me and Desire?

sallycinnamon78 said:
there's no way on God's green earth Streets will get left behind - I can't imagine it not being included. .

I also agree -- but could this be EXACTLY why Streets gets left out?

What if they pull the completely unexpected?

Alas, they risk lighting up message boards with fan frustration, yet again.

Finish the sentence: Seeing U2 live without Streets is like....

BWU2Buffs said:
Finish the sentence: Seeing U2 live without Streets is like....

... U2 without Bono. Edge without arms. A day without a sunrise. The world without an orbit.

Streets is a crucial part of the live U2 experience and the band know it.

They are NOT dropping Streets from the setlist.

They are NOT playing 10 songs off the new album.

One Step Closer will be played as an intro or addendum to anothe song if it appears at all.

Electrical Storm is pretty weak in my opinion, but if it does happen it ain't gonna be acoustic. The only good thing about it is Edge ripping it up a bit on guitar.

All Because of You is NOT going to be that late in the setlist. I'll be surprised if it's not in the first 3.

I highly doubt Please or Wild Honey will be on any kind of regular rotation.

And nothing off Zooropa, again? I certainly hope not.

laz

There is to much ATYCLB songs... they wont play more than one song from it... probably BD or Kite...

...and seriously: WILD HONEY?????????
------
The setlist is far from being real... those are just your favorite songs...
------
Having in mind how their setlists looked like on POPmart and Elevation... that's the one that's the most close to real setlist:
http://forum.interference.com/t114055.html

Let's just put it this way...If U2 cuts Streets from the setlists (next to no chance of happening, but let's pretend), I will be extremely and bitterly disappointed. I would probably be more upset at this than the entire Ticket Pre-sale fiasco.

Wow. Really, Lance?

I can't imagine being that wrapped up in my expectations for any one song. I hope a lot of people aren't leaning that way, because the band could do anything.

We're entitled to their best effort night after night, and hopefully good preparation in terms of rehearsing, set & stage planning. But beyond that, can't we trust in their artistic choices and what inspires them?

It's not a jukebox, it's U2 live.

Yeah, whilst wild honey is one of my fave u2 songs, i doubt it will get played. As mentioned earlier, it's one of those 'fave songs' setlists. I'd go bonkers if Gloria were to be played live. I think that would be my fave. 11 O Clock Tick Tock is up in my top 5 songs, and I'd say that has a good chance of being played live? Anyone agree? OOOO I'd love Love & Peace to open the show...with bono swagegring around on stage in a bluesy way.

Adios

broken toy said:
Wow. Really, Lance?

I can't imagine being that wrapped up in my expectations for any one song. I hope a lot of people aren't leaning that way, because the band could do anything.

We're entitled to their best effort night after night, and hopefully good preparation in terms of rehearsing, set & stage planning. But beyond that, can't we trust in their artistic choices and what inspires them?

It's not a jukebox, it's U2 live.

You know, I totally see what you're saying, but this is probably that one rare exception for me. Streets is probably my favorite song ever, and the live versions that they can conjour night after night are just incrediable. It's the one song that IS expected every night, so I know I can count on hearing it. I don't care if they change the setlist in any other way. Plus, considering this will be my first U2 concert, it would just seem like a kick in the nuts if they suddenly decided to not play it. I know that's selfish, but I can't help but feel that way.

bathiu said:
There is to much ATYCLB songs... they wont play more than one song from it... probably BD or Kite...

...and seriously: WILD HONEY?????????
------
The setlist is far from being real... those are just your favorite songs...
------
Having in mind how their setlists looked like on POPmart and Elevation... that's the one that's the most close to real setlist:
http://forum.interference.com/t114055.html

This is NOT a favorite songs list. If it were, then i'd have Streets, Bad, and Sunday Bloody Sunday on it.

Yea i think Wild Honey would sound good live acoustic.

There are not too many ATYCLB songs, there are only 3.

Okay, i've added streets, shortened the setlist, made it a little more rock 'n roll and changed the songs around. (I didn't know that no streets would turn everyone's world's upside down lol)

Main:
1. Vertigo
2. Love and Peace
3. Miracle Drug
4. Sometimes
5. All Because of you
6. Electric Co.
7. Hold Me, Thrill Me
8. New Year's Day OR Gloria, hopefully
Acoustic:
9. Electrical Storm
10. Wild Honey
11. Running to stand still
Main:
12. City of Blinding Lights
13. Ultraviolet OR Beautiful Day
14. Walk On
Encore 1:
15. Crumbs
16. With or Without You
17. Streets
Encore 2:
18. Origin of the Species
19. One
20. One Step Closer/Yahweh
21. 40

Lancemc said:

Plus, considering this will be my first U2 concert, it would just seem like a kick in the nuts if they suddenly decided to not play it. I know that's selfish, but I can't help but feel that way.

Ah!

Now I understand. Yeah, if you haven't seen them before, you want to see Streets. I'm coming from a rather jaded position of several shows over tours going back to 1987.

There is NO QUESTION after seeing them on six tours that Streets is THE crowd/band experience unlike any other, even moreso than Bad.

It's just that it's so automatic, that I'd like to see them challenge themselves to create NEW, unforgettable traditions. And I'd hate for any of their songs to ever feel stale in concert. I've gotten that feeling from WOWY, Pride, Bullet and a few others. I think Bad really benefited from being shelved for awhile.

I admit that when I see them on this tour, I'm sure I'll groove to Streets as much as ever, and I don't begrudge you wanting to taste that particular Manna.

Axver said:

... U2 without Bono. Edge without arms. A day without a sunrise. The world without an orbit.

:lmao:

Poor Edge would look funny without arms!

Admittedly, Streets isn't one of my favorite songs when I listen to the Joshua Tree, but I love it live. I'm sure they'll play it. And if they're going to have that long catwalk connecting the main stage and B stage, Bono has to run around on it sometime--and what better song to do it during than Streets?

I want to hear "New Year's Day", because during the Elevation tour, they did play it during one show, but not on the show I was there for....so that was disappointing. Also I think 11 O'Clock Tick Tock sounds good too.... But actually (from the new music) I'd love to hear "A Man And A Woman", because that would be the perfect time for Bono to dance w/ someone on stage. They can forget "All Because Of You" & "Crumbs.." They aren't that great.

You'll get All Because of You. It's a U.S. single, and one of the few really up-tempo songs on the new album. They need to spice the set with those numbers, because most of their popular catalog is mid-tempo or at least has a less-racy feel.

broken toy said:
You'll get All Because of You. It's a U.S. single, and one of the few really up-tempo songs on the new album. They need to spice the set with those numbers, because most of their popular catalog is mid-tempo or at least has a less-racy feel.

Agree, imo the only new songs that they will leave out are:

- Crumbs
- AMAAW

And One STep Closer will be the perfect opener for Streets...:wink:

whasjoewahn said:

Agree, imo the only new songs that they will leave out are:

- Crumbs
- AMAAW

And One STep Closer will be the perfect opener for Streets...:wink:

Considering the DVD performance and the fact that the lyrics are the kind of thing Bono would want to sing, I have a hard time believing Crumbs will be left out.

Axver said:
Considering the DVD performance and the fact that the lyrics are the kind of thing Bono would want to sing, I have a hard time believing Crumbs will be left out.

I would have thought the same thing about Peace On Earth, although the music wasn't as solid as in Crumbs.

You may well be right, though, especially given Bono's recent lecture tour.

The question becomes one of numbers, as in how many new songs will they play, thus squeezing out classics or "exotics"?

The first six songs from HTDAAB are guaranteed. Original is a must. I think we all agree that One Step Closer is likely to be snippeted at most. A Man and A Woman is highly unlikely, unless as an acoustic (and then probably rarely).

That leaves Yahweh and Crumbs, which both boast some evidence that they would be played. If they both are, that would be 9.5 out of 11 songs; almost half a standard show.

Yahweh is definitely being played. Adam said he wanted to play this live. It's a VERY likely show- closing possibility.

Crumbs would seem obvious to me. While I know it has its detractors, it's upbeat and there's no denying the chorus is catchy. How often do they leave something like that out of the show?

Plus the guy in the other thread has a friend who works at the rehearsal space and said they've been playing Crumbs.

I know that's secondhand info but it's better than pure speculation.

laz

Back
Top Bottom