Why Electric Co--->Elevation in Europe and Elevation--->Electric Co in US?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tombola

The Fly
I found it interesting that they switched these two around in Europe, and then back again on the third leg. Any idea why?

Maybe it's just a case of keeping the first album songs together. In Europe, I Will Follow was always played second so Electric Co was next ahead of Elevation. But in America, they're also playing slower first album songs which fit a bit later into the set, so Elevation is moved ahead of Electric Co.

Or that could just be complete bollocks and the order change is just one of those things.

My guess is in the name of flow. In Europe, I Will Follow was designated as the song to follow Vertigo and it also began the double Boy song section. In North America, however, the Boy section is normally opened by Electric Co. and leads into the ISHFWILF/BD part of the show, requiring Elevation to be moved closer to the start.

Yeah I think that's it. I prefer having Electric Co earlier, because I'm not really keen on the new beginning of Elevation, although that's purely from a bootleg only, non-concert goer's perspective.

I too think it has to do with keeping Boy songs together.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. I liked the way Vertigo was followed with Out Of Control then followed with Electric Co at Amsterdam 2:drool:

Back
Top Bottom