Why Boy tracks???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boystupidboy

Refugee
Why are u2 playing 'Boy' songs again after so many years???Is it a 25 year aniversary thing or are they finally realising that it was one of the greatest debut albums of all time?The tracks sure do stand the test of time:drool: :drool: :drool:

boystupidboy said:
Why are u2 playing 'Boy' songs again after so many years???Is it a 25 year aniversary thing or are they finally realising that it was one of the greatest debut albums of all time?The tracks sure do stand the test of time:drool: :drool: :drool:
wooohooo i will see you in manchester ;)

Re: Re: Re: Why Boy tracks???

boystupidboy said:

ABSOLUTELY...i can barely stand the excitement:| Are you going to be safe in Manchester??you being from Liverpool and all that:drool: (softlad)
am gonna be fine :) friendly manchester folk

They're pulling out allsorts from the vaults we thought were locked and the keys thrown away.

I think there's a good chance more early stuff is going to come along.

I hope they're still playing some of these songs in November when I see them. At one recent show (I forget which one) they even played "Ocean".

The answer is this(from nme.com):

Bono also explained why the Vertigo setlist included so many songs from the band’s debut ‘Boy’, such as ‘Electric Company’ and ‘An Cat Dubh’: “There is a strong link between those songs and the new album. The first was an ode to innocence and the new one is innocence regained. The first album is becoming a bit of a cult classic for bands like The Killers who talk about it. We thought it was time.”

Bono said it was also in correllation with the new songs on 'Bomb' that 'Boy' and 'Bomb' kinda share/feel the same.

boystupidboy said:

Maybe it an experiment to see if they can get Boy back up somewhere in the album charts again?

But from the looks of the song-selection, it seems to be more about pleasing the die-hard fans. An Cath Dub / Into The Heart isn't exactly a monster of a rocker for the general audience, but really gets the die-hards drooling :drool:

if they continue playing songs off Boy, I'd love to hear Twighlight.... probably my favorite off the record, and it could definitely fire up the crowd.

Boy songs put me to sleep. At least the way they've been played as if it's the Boy tour all over again. Yes, it's a fine debut album, yada yada yada, but nowhere near as good as ANY album they've done since War.

Macfistowannabe said:
Boy songs put me to sleep. At least the way they've been played as if it's the Boy tour all over again. Yes, it's a fine debut album, yada yada yada, but nowhere near as good as ANY album they've done since War.

Thats not the point. I guess you had to be there, of that particular age group to really enjoy these songs being played today. Personally, its a dream come true.

Macfistowannabe said:

Agreed.

Even though it isn't from Boy, I would love to hear them play 11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom