Whoa... "Zoo Station" should've been the opener this tour!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Holy crap! I just watched the DVD and this song is amazing live. Bono with the whole Captain attitude just looks great. The way Bono and Edge move towrds the center and then ignore each other as they pass.

The whole song just feels "bigger" than COBL. :rockon:

I like how Adam looks like the one who's keeping this song in control. How he holds his bass, his assurance, like "This song belongs to me"

But, as a guy saying this, Bono looked hot as a Captain.

it's good for about a minute, then it doesn't go anywhere. i mean i love AB the best, but this is easily the weakest link on the album.

BrownEyedBoy said:
Holy crap! I just watched the DVD and this song is amazing live. Bono with the whole Captain attitude just looks great. The way Bono and Edge move towrds the center and then ignore each other as they pass.

Wait till you see Milan DVD and the stadium version of this song. Simply mindblowing.

^^

It's really not that good on the Chicago DVD in my opinion. Download the London broadcast and listen in on how good it gets. Or wait for Milan....

Re: Re: Whoa... "Zoo Station" should've been the opener this tour!

Zooropean103 said:

Wait till you see Milan DVD and the stadium version of this song. Simply mindblowing.

Details???

1. Musically there is no contest. Much better drums in the intro- very, very powerful. On Chicago DVD they are quite weak.
2. Stadium production, the giant screen owns all. Lot of references to Zoo TV (for example: there is video of Bono doing his characteristic poses in front of the static screen), Zoo TV/communism theme (as I said many times before- one of the coolest things U2 has ever done), Bono has a camera installed in his microphone, so we see his face on the whole screen (reminds the end of HMTMKMKM during Popmart)

IMO this is the best song from this tour. In a few minutes I'll upload the performance from Twickenham radio broadcast, but I really recommend to download some european DVD.

Last edited:
I disagree. The version on the Vertigo Tour lacked the punch of the ZooTV version, at least visually. Compare the boys coming out for ZS on Live at Sydney with them coming out for ZS for Vertigo. No comparison.

Now THAT was an opener... :drool:

DaveC said:
I disagree. The version on the Vertigo Tour lacked the punch of the ZooTV version, at least visually. Compare the boys coming out for ZS on Live at Sydney with them coming out for ZS for Vertigo. No comparison.

I pretty much agree with your assessment of it. Zoo Station on Vertigo was cool (arena and stadium). But it would have been a weak opener for this tour.

DaveC said:

INDEED :drool:

scottyT said:
it's good for about a minute, then it doesn't go anywhere. i mean i love AB the best, but this is easily the weakest link on the album.

Spot on :up:

It's really cool in the beginning, then the lack of a good melody shines through, and the song becomes stale and boring.

No it doesn't. It's an incredible song.

Btw U2Man, did you notice that Bono was coming to Copenhagen?

God Part III said:
No it doesn't. It's an incredible song.

Btw U2Man, did you notice that Bono was coming to Copenhagen?

YES IT DOES :mad:

and yeah, I think I was the first one to bring this piece of news to the site here :drool:

scottyT said:

Disagree. In my opinion the weakest link on that album is Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World.

jackbauer said:

Disagree. In my opinion the weakest link on that album is Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World.

I would also agree with that. Next would be Acrobat......... ducks. :laugh:

I think Zoo Station was good on this tour. But compared to the Zoo TV version opening its not even close and it would not have fit the opening for the Vertigo tour.

What about The Fly opening from the vertigo tour with all those crazy visuals? Actually, I would have like Streets -> COBL but we have to have the human rights bit in the show...

Zoo Station for me is the perfect encore opener. Simply fantastic.
And musically, I think the 2005 versions kick the shit out of the ZooTV versions. Just listen to the Copenhagen version...
LARRY MULLEN JR.!!!

:hmm: Not sure about it kicking the shit out of the Zoo version. Really, they arent THAT much different for one to kick the shit out of the other. :wink: I liked the Vertigo version, but the Zoo version with the George Bush Rap and the Zooropa intros was perfect for the opening of the Zoo shows. It set the perfect vibe for those shows to me. Zoo Station just would not have fit opening the Vertigo tour. I think thats the point of the thread anyway. Would it have made a good opening song for Vertigo. Not whether or not it was better than the Zoo version.

randhail said:

Just a question, do you try to belittle people in your posts or does it just happen naturally?

That's funny coming from you of all people.

It was an honest question, for when was the last time U2 opened with a song that wasn't on their current album?

BonoVoxSupastar said:

That's funny coming from you of all people.

It was an honest question, for when was the last time U2 opened with a song that wasn't on their current album?

Fair question regarding the song, but based on reading some other posts I think mine is a very legit question.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

and like I said you may want to take a look at your own posts before monitoring mine.

I'll admit that I've had my moments, but I'm not the one writing in a condescending tone on a consistent basis.

Back
Top Bottom