Which Elevation 'regular' do you miss most?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nothing

I guess Kite got added after I had already seen the show. stupid early-in-the-tour shows. :)

I like the old Boy/October songs this tour better than the Pop songs they played last tour.

Last edited:
Kite and Walk On...

I didn't go to the Elevation Tour and I am gutted to think that I might never here Kite live :(

Lisa

AtomicBono said:

Did they play Discotheque on Elevation? :scratch: if so, that rules.

Gone, New York, and Stay.

And if Please counts, that too.

they did at the first few shows, i was lucky to be at one of them and it rocked

two of the best highlights of that early show i saw was discotheque and bono playing the piano for the sweetest thing

but they both got dropped for good in short order, which was a damn pity

Discotheque and Sweetest thing actually got played in Europe as well, they were not dropped after the first few US shows.

U2girl said:
Discotheque and Sweetest thing actually got played in Europe as well, they were not dropped after the first few US shows.

you're absolutely right, they played Discotheque 4 times out of their last 78 Elevation shows after playing it 13 times in the first 35 shows to begin the first leg

so you're right, with those 4 times played in the last 78 shows it was basically a staple, i don't know what i was thinking

Chizip said:

you're absolutely right, they played Discotheque 4 times out of their last 78 Elevation shows after playing it 13 times in the first 35 shows to begin the first leg

so you're right, with those 4 times played in the last 78 shows it was basically a staple, i don't know what i was thinking

Get your numbers right and you cannot seriously compare the third leg Elevation setlists to the first two.

18 and 29 times played hardly qualify as "first few shows" and facts refute the "dropping" theory.

Last edited:
playing a song 4 times out of the last 78 shows and another song 7 times out of the last 80 shows is basically dropping it, especially after having played those songs at most of the first 35 concerts

im so glad you could come to this thread, not contribute anything to the topic at hand, but to correct me on a technicality

keep up the good work :up:

Chizip said:
playing a song 4 times out of the last 78 shows and another song 7 times out of the last 80 shows is basically dropping it, especially after having played those songs at most of the first 35 concerts

im so glad you could come to this thread, not contribute anything to the topic at hand, but to correct me on a technicality

keep up the good work :up:

9/11 heavily influenced Elevation setlists on the third leg. It was a different set, and virtually a different tour with a very different feel and lots of songs weren't played that appeared on first two legs. Don't even go to the "18/29 out of 113" excuse.

Nice try. Next time get your facts - it wasn't a technicality but a false post -straight.

Last edited:
:laugh: I dont get the little feud going on here?? :shrug:

Technically, I think you are both sort of right about Discotheque. It was not a staple for Elevation, but it was played quite a bit. Others have named songs that were done WAY less and some only a handful of times. (IE Even Better Than The Real Thing, 11 O Clock Tick Tock) I guess it boils down to what your definition of "regular" is and that appears to be simply played at all for some. :shrug:

Definitely "Walk On." I figured it would be a staple in U2's future. So surprised when it didn't show up on this tour.

I thought "Bad" worked as a good closer for this tour. '40' just too cliche in my opinion. "Vertigo" is IMO a total waste when done twice.

"Kite's" a close second, but I really would have loved "Walk On" to send us back out into the night.

Chizip said:

they did at the first few shows, i was lucky to be at one of them and it rocked

two of the best highlights of that early show i saw was discotheque and bono playing the piano for the sweetest thing

but they both got dropped for good in short order, which was a damn pity

I am insanely jealous of you...Discotheque is the song that got me into U2, I NEED to experience it live before I die!!

Add Walk On to my list too, great song, I don't miss it as much as some of the others but I do miss it...it would be a good way to close out the main set, maybe. and I'm surprised Stuck got dropped, they played it at the dress rehearsal for Vertigo and that's it :huh: I wouldn't mind seeing that one return.

Gone.

I got to see them perform "The Sweetest Thing" with Bono on piano. It was nice.

Only saw Discotheque during Pop, not Elevation.

Last edited:
Walk On
Until The End of the World
Kite
Stuck In A Moment
Gone

5 mega songs.
I want them back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I rate these as being 5 of the best songs U2 ever recorded,and Walk On being the best closing song ever by any band.

Back
Top Bottom