Where should "Crumbs" come in, if played?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I think it kinda has the theme that would be tied for Human Rights. If it was played after the Human rights video, before Pride... good transition?

or perhaps rotated with Pride? (of course, I'd much rather see crumbs than pride, but that might make everyone at least a little happy)

Musically I could see it after An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart or before Bullet the Blue Sky as well.

I suggested this in another thread. Crumbs should rotate or replace Pride. Crumbs into Streets would fit Bono's African theme during that section, probebly better than having Pride there. That being said, Pride gets a huge crowd reaction, so its probebly not going anywhere.

I dont think Crumbs is coming anytime soon though (if it all). I hope they play it as its one of my favorites from the new album. But I wont be shocked if it never gets done either.

FOr what it's worth, I remember reading a post here a couple of weeks a go where Adam was quoted as saying that they'd "eventually get around" to palying Crumbs and Original of the Species, which was a few days before San Jose II, so there still may be hope, though I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't show up either... :(

no... this is how it should be

Human rights thingy
Pride
Streets
One
Crumbs

or...

Human rights Thing
MLK
Streets
Pride
One
Crumbs

or...

Bullet
RTSS
Crumbs
HRT
Pride
Streets
One

Last edited:
I wouldnt' play it.

There's enough from vertigo in the setlist already,

If I were to bring in one more it would be OOTS on a regular basis, and drop out All because of you completely.

It should be like this :wink:

"everyone"
Vertigo
Elevation(....I still don't like the song but hell they will play it)
Elec. co
Gloria
Beautiful day
Miracle drug
Sycmioyo
City of blinding lights
Love and peace or else
Sunday Bloody sunday
Bullet the blue sky
Running to stand still (mix the zooversion with this version and it perfect...start with piano and built up with guitar)
Human rights thingy
Crumbs
Streets
Yahweh (band version Alternative one not the albumversion)
One
--------------
Zoostation
Untill the end of the world
The fly
Mysterious ways or Ultraviolet
-----------------------------------------
With or without you
Original of the species
Bad/40
-------------
Out of control (to send everybody home competely pumped up...)
I would :drool: if they would play it like this..

Palace_Hero said:
Oh how I would love to hear MLK/Streets.
With MLK being played in full, with synths etc.. before those synths melt into the organ of Streets. :drool:

Can anyone inform me if this, or something close to it ever happened (apart from the Superbowl Show)?
Back in the days after JT was released, and I was busy sitting in Sociology class drawing up would-be setlists, MLK>Streets was my opening for the JT tour, and I still have mix tapes (or now, iPod mixes) with the MLK outro blending into the Streets intro.

In hindsight, it wouldn't have worked well on the '87 tour because the squealing was so loud at the start shows that MLK's subtlety would have been completely drowned out.

They opened most of the mini-sets on the '86 Conspiracy of Hope Tour with MLK, but leading into Pride or New Year's Day.

I don't believe MLK ever opened a full concert after '86.

Oh, and I would guess that Crumbs might come before Pride, after Streets, or in the first half of the encore section... if they play it at all.

Back
Top Bottom