Where`s NYD????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was good as always but the best thing with NYD for this tour is Adam walking the catwalk.
Man...that guy gets cooler each tour.
And he also plays better than ever.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

To be honest, when I saw that it had been dropped for the last few Leg 1 shows I was happy thinking I woudn't have to put up with it at Manchester 1. It's a good song and all but just one I'm totally bored of, like Sunday Bloody Sunday (unless they played it like on Rattle and Hum). For the record I'm not bored with Pride, One, or With or Without You and loved hearing them live at last.

I heard that NYD was lost after the first night in Amsterdam, they all went out and got so drunk they left NYD in some brothel or something - Poor NYD, poor poor NYD:sad: :sad:

The loss of NYD is killing me! It's my all-time favorite song, and out of the 7 U2 shows I've been to since Pop, I've only heard it once...Just bad luck - I was at boston 1,2, and 4 and they played it at 3. Same thing happened to me during Popmart, and first leg of elevation. At least I finally got it on final leg of elevation.

It doesn't have to be in the set everyday (I know it's not in everyone's toip ten), but I wish it got more regular rotation during Vertigo. It seems to be very streaky - play it for 2 weeks straight - then drop it..then bring it back, then drop it.

As for "stale" songs - I feel that Streets has been lackluster this time around, compared to Popmart, and elevation, but that's just my opinion. As for old songs that are nice to hear more often - Out of Control at Boston 2 was AMAZING!!!

I'm glad I caught the tour earlier into it. NYD is one of my favorite U2 songs ever, and I'm not sick of it yet.

LA2 was the first time Adam walked around the ellipse during "New Year's Day."

Bono even dubbed it as "this song belongs to Adam."

Maybe it will get played tonight?????? ( 3rd NY show ).

NYD has got to show in NY , come on five nights:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Maybe Edge has forgotten how to play the solo:wink:

The song definitely comes 'alive' at concerts, but I don't mind it getting the chop - even though it IS Adam's moment (sorry, man).

Now swing that axe for a few other 'old staples' Pride, WOWY and One (yes, I did say One).

Totally agree with you U2mixer about One.
That tune is getting lesser each tour.
Especially with the Africa talk now , it extends it even more.
Time to skip it on the next tour.

Now Pride:madspit: is a song wich should`ve been removed since Popmart.
It was cool on Zoo-TV with M.L. King speech on the screens but after that it went nowhere.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. If they do WOWY like it was played on the JT tour or Zoo tour than I say keep it in , at least 1 out of 3 shows.

Wow after 4 NY shows NYD still hasn`t got played:(
And yet they do Pride:madspit: or Elevation:madspit: every night.

Maybe the 5th show will have NYD:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I'm seeing one of the last shows of this leg in Omaha on December 15th...hopefully they will play it by then.......dare i say i will be disappointed if they dont play it even though it will be my first show and i have seats 11th row by the stage

It would be nice to see NYD appear a few more times this tour, but I feel I must say that Sunday Bloody Sunday has NEVER been better than it is on Vertigo, IMHO of course. :D

Not even on the 5th NY show got NYD played.
Maybe they are sick of it:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Oh well they played Gloria:drool:

Shit man , only 30 shows to go this year:sad:
Will it get played one more time this year??????
Maybe they throw it in tonight in Detroit????

Cheers ,

Mauwer

Chizip said:
eh, no big loss

though there are some other "hits" that i would have liked to have seen them drop before it
Agreed. I wouldn't cry if they dropped Pride, WOWY, or similar classics that are just tired and maybe connect 1 in 4 performances.

I guess they just decided that it's the "big hit" that would get rested on this tour -- like "I Will Follow" during Zoo Tv and "Bad" during Popmart.

I'd vote for "Pride," but I think that's one the band will always, always play.

It sadly seems so that they always will play Pride:madspit:
I quite liked when they didn`t play it on some nights on the Elevation tour.

Doesn`t the band get sick of it?????
I know for myself I don`t get sick of Bad.
So I say : play Bad instead of Pride each night:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I personally love NYD (one of my favs) but its ok to see it rest. NYD could go with the 'anti-war' message but U2 already has plenty other songs that do that.

They will never stop playing Pride on Vertigo because its central to the theme. Plus it just wouldn't be right for them not to play it (like if they didn't play Streets).

NYD will return for the end of the leg it must!!!!

Pride is not central to the Vertigo tour IMHO Vertigo is :)

I seem to remember u2.com saying at the beginning of the tour that NYD would be heard throughout the tour....they called it an anthem

Last edited:
i have a feeling we haven't heard the last of new years day this leg....i just love this song, and truly believe it should be a mainstay in the set

Back
Top Bottom