Where is the love?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BVS

Blue Crack Supplier
One thing I've noticed from the first two set lists is we're missing the "love" songs. Personally it doesn't bother me, but it may bother some of those women in PLEBA who had thoughts of being called up on stage.

But the overt love songs are missing no WOWY, AIWIY, Man and a Woman, etc.

Where are the "romance" songs? Anybody else notice this?

That's a really good observation, something I hadn't realised.

Where are they? I think we should first wait and see if they appear over the next few shows before making any real comments on their whereabouts. I will not be surprised - though I will be slightly disappointed - if WOWY shows up during the next five concerts.

You're totally right. One is probably the only "love song" they played. Unless you consider Sometimes... to be a love song? Hmmm... not quite...

I was also surprised they didn't do the usual acoustic set on the B-stage. But I think U2 is more into a Rock 'n' Roll phase at the moment, which I think is great!

So yeah, I hear what you're saying, but right now I think it's time to shake things up, and that's what Rock 'n' Roll is all about!

Could there be a better time for this emoticon: :rockon: ?

:cool:

I definately noticed that- I love wowy and aiwiy and I especially love them live! I hope they are added by the time they get to my neck of the woods!

MarcusOneTree said:
You're totally right. One is probably the only "love song" they played. Unless you consider Sometimes... to be a love song?

I wouldn't consider either one of those "romance love" songs.

I don't know, that was a nice mix of politics and nostalgia. And Bono asked this very same question at the end of "Love and Peace or Else..." maybe he was just anticipating the setlist with his inquiry. *geek*

I was there and I really, really missed the B-stage songs and all the band-audience lovin' and intimacy that they generate. It doesn't matter which songs they play; that part of the show is always special. In my opinion this show desperately needs a B-stage interlude.

MarcusOneTree said:
I was also surprised they didn't do the usual acoustic set on the B-stage. But I think U2 is more into a Rock 'n' Roll phase at the moment, which I think is great!

I'm grateful for the lack of acoustic set. I'd rather see electric any day of the week.

the tourist said:

I'm grateful for the lack of acoustic set. I'd rather see electric any day of the week.

Agreed. It's very refreshing to see the acoustic set canned and I hope it stays that way for the rest of the tour. Why play watered down versions of the songs when they could play much better full versions?

Axver said:

Agreed. It's very refreshing to see the acoustic set canned and I hope it stays that way for the rest of the tour. Why play watered down versions of the songs when they could play much better full versions?

Because it worked well on Zoo TV, I guess.... But this is NOT Zoo TV!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom