what we know?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrush

War Child
okay i have seen some good ideas for setlists. but obviously we will see more of which groups of songs the group will lean towards after a hand full of shows.

so one would think the songs that are in stone are

in no particular order

vertigo
beautiful day
SYCMIOYO
all because of you
yahweh
one
streets
sunday bloody sunday

songs that are probable are

the fly
out of control
staring at the sun
gone
with or without you

but i believe the rest could vary quite alot
i have heard all of this talk about please, and i will follow. but with the new material somethings got to give.

do you all think the setlist will be very simialr to the elevation tour setlist? minus some ATYCLB tracks and plus a few HTDAAB tracks.

Also what chance do you think elevation has of being played? i know its not a "great song" but it kicks and would heighten the intensity of the crowd. i think the song would be well received.

what else do you think could be added to probables or definites?

gimme some input...................now dammit :wink:

re:

Sounds like pretty solid logic with your probables. There is some information floating around the web stating that u2 has been working on a pretty explosive cover version of Wham's "Wake me up before you go-go". Sounds awesome to me.

Sounds to me like I Will Follow is a definate or at the least a probable.

They have played it on almost every pre-tour performance we've seen.

jitter-bug? u2 doing jitterbug? i dont know about that. i hope thats a bunch of hooey. but maybe they could make it sound good and up to snuff.

I Will Follow is guaranteed. They've done it at promos plenty of times. Basically, if it's played at a promo gig, it will be played on tour. Thus, the following songs are guaranteed to be played:

Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Desire
Beautiful Day
I Will Follow
Out Of Control

Also, when the band have had a moment to do an impromptu, stripped-down snippety kind of song by just Bono and Edge, both times they did She's A Mystery To Me. And Desire was very spur-of-the-moment so I suspect it won't be done at every show. It will appear in some sets, though.

Based on Adam's comments, Yahweh is also guaranteed. The band's fondness for One and Streets will mean they are definites too.

Everything else is debate and conjecture.

Re: re:

bigloader said:
There is some information floating around the web stating that u2 has been working on a pretty explosive cover version of Wham's "Wake me up before you go-go".

:lmao:

Unless Edge is bringing back his Popmart karaoke, that will never happen.

Re: re:

bigloader said:
There is some information floating around the web stating that u2 has been working on a pretty explosive cover version of Wham's "Wake me up before you go-go". Sounds awesome to me.

Yikes, I hope not -- cover this instead of something from their own catalog? Please, say it isn't so.

I like the logic, but I'd question The Fly and Gone as probables --I think they are both closer to being out to pasture this time out.

I do agree that the balance of the setlist will rotate a lot.

Re: Re: re:

BWU2Buffs said:

Yikes, I hope not -- cover this instead of something from their own catalog? Please, say it isn't so.

EXACTLY.

U2 are so overwhelmed with their own material to choose that there's just no way they'd waste time doing a cover. Especially not such a laughable one.

okay you guys seem to agree with my logic but what about elevation? that was the tour opener last year and with vertigo i am not sure if they will find it neccesary.

TheBrush said:
okay you guys seem to agree with my logic but what about elevation? that was the tour opener last year and with vertigo i am not sure if they will find it neccesary.

Vertigo + ABOY + I Will Follow = Elevation totally unnecessary.

The only way I see Elevation being included in the show is perhaps being played as an intro as the band takes the stage. It would be quite ironic for the band to take the stage to Elevation then bust right into Vertigo.

That probably won't happen though.

I think we need to remember, this is a whole NEW tour. New songs, themes, intros, etc. Alot of these setlist I read have Elevation tour written all over them. I guarantee this tour will be nothing like Elevation except the 2-3 songs played from ATYCLB.

I say Until The End Of The World is very definite as well. They love playing it, I mean, the Edge vs. Bono thing they've always done...
Bono just screams during this song. Can't be ignored.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom