What song is your "Acrobat"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macfistowannabe

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Acrobat - a favorite of yours that was either played very rarely in U2's history or not at all live.

Here are a few of mine:
- Indian Summer Sky
- When I Look At The World
- Red Hill Mining Town
- Crumbs From Your Table

Your turn.

My "Acrobat" song is Acrobat.
Other than that:
Heartland
Do You Feel Loved
Dirty Day
Lemon
Crumbs From Your Table
Wake Up Dead Man(we want full band)
The Ground Beneath Her Feet(we REALLY want full band)
Tomorrow
Like a Song
Promenade
Hawkmoon 269

I'd agree with Red Hill Mining Town ... I'd also add :

- Drowning Man
- Rejoice
- The Unforgettable Fire
- Heartland

and how about some b-sides ... they never seem to be played at
all either :

- Walk To The Water
- Luminious Times
- Spanish Eyes
- Lady With The Spinning Head

My Acrobat is Acrobat.

Other than that Zooropa.

But it's not that good live anyway.

Another Day
A Celebration
Shadows And Tall Trees
Red Hill Mining Town
When I Look At The World
Like A Song
Promenade
The Three Sunrises
Love Comes Tumbling
Stranger In A Strange Land
Is That All

I forgot a few of them:
Electrical Storm
The Sweetest Thing
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
Do You Feel Loved
The First Time
If God Will Send His Angels
One Tree Hill

A Sort Of Homecoming
Red Hill Mining Town
When I look at the World
Drowning Man
Night and Day

"A Sort Of Homecoming" does it for me.

I've never really been inpressed by the live version like on Wide Awake In America. I just seems too rushed and not as smooth as the The Unforgettable Fire album's version. I know the album is always different from live , but I'd really love to hear them do it the correct speed like they do it on the UF. Just my 2 cents.:huh:

I always wanted to hear "A Celebration" back in the day.

now I'd go bonkers for anything from the Unforgettable Fire album

I Threw A Brick Through A Window
Electrical Storm
Trip Through Your Wires
Walk To The Water
Wire
There's alot of great songs out there that need to be played.These ones that we are posting do get played or just not enough.I'd like to hear them played now and then.

yeah lots of good ones here, it's interesting how so many people are on the same page.....

i like:

hawkmoon 269 (although i don't know if they could pull off the screaming which pretty much makes it one of the best songs ever.....)

ultraviolet

drowning man

do you feel loved

hold me thrill me kiss me kill me.

lady with the spinning head.

tomorrow

mothers of the dissapeared or one tree hill...

gosh there are so many that would be great...

luminous times.

ok i'll stop

fire.

no really now i'll stop, have a good one fans, and i'll be thinking about you all,

when i look at the world.....

my "Acrobat"'s, besides that song itself are Lemon, Mofo, Zooropa, Threw A Brick, Seconds, God Part II and many others.

Astoria Guy said:
have they never played Acrobat?

never played it live. It's among about 10 or 12 album cuts that have never been played live. (pre-HTDAAB)

rehearsals have no signifigance, you might as well say "they recorded it for the album", same effect, they still haven't played it live. We would not have even known they rehearsed it had somebody not taped the Hershey rehearsal.

U2DMfan said:
my "Acrobat"'s, besides that song itself are Lemon, Mofo, Zooropa, Threw A Brick, Seconds, God Part II and many others.

never played it live. It's among about 10 or 12 album cuts that have never been played live. (pre-HTDAAB)

rehearsals have no signifigance, you might as well say "they recorded it for the album", same effect, they still haven't played it live. We would not have even known they rehearsed it had somebody not taped the Hershey rehearsal.

wow...thanks for the info...seems crazy that this clasic would NEVER be played live!

as for my acrobats....

well, that one and
whose gonna ride your wild horses

Not to sound asinine, but does anyone know where I can d/l a copy of those hershey tapes? It just seems odd for me to pony up 30 bux for a copy of a poorly recorded rehearsal when we have been blessed with the current availability of torrents for past shows. I have tried to trade shows, but with the easy availability of the new ones, I have no shows others want. It's a pain in the butt. Any help will be appreciated. Thanx in advance.:wave:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom