what is this crap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'Reliable source'? Yeah, right. 'Streets' as the sixth song? Don't think so. And 'New York' in the final encore? C'mon! 'New York' wasn't even a highlight on the last tour.

The tour start is still over a month away. I doubt the band themselves even know yet how the setlist is going to come together.

The songs, to a point, are reasonable. The order, however, is simply appalling.

Here's the setlist, with my comments in italics:

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
3. Miracle Drug
4. Original of the Species
5. 11 O clock tick tock
6. Streets
Reasonable up to 4. 11 O'clock Tick Tock is horrifically out of place, and considering the success on the last four tours of flowing songs into Streets, they wouldn't put it after a song that can't flow in! Though to whoever said Streets has never appeared in this spot, go look at Lovetown sets.
7. until the end of the world
8. Sunday bloody sunday
Unlikely, at least not regularly. I cannot see the band following Streets with UTEOTW, and UTEOTW in the regular set is followed by something it flows into. It doesn't flow into SBS.

short break/smaller stage, not quite clear:

9. Sometimes you cant make it
10. Slow dancing
11. With or without you-acoustic
12. Running to a stand still
13. Sweetest Thing
I can't imagine Slow Dancing being regular, WOWY being acoustic, or The Sweetest Thing coming back. Sweetest Thing's first tour was Elevation and it was cut late in the second leg. It's gone for good.

14. The Fly
15. New Years day
16. crumbs from your table
17. Pride
18. Walk On
19. city of Blinding light
The order here is choppy and doesn't work. Particularly the location of COBL, oddly after Walk On. Considering the sonic similarities of Walk On and Crumbs, they won't play them so close - in fact, they won't do Walk On at all!

Encore

19. Beautiful Day
20. New York
21. Still havent found
22. Yahew
The really bizarre point of this setlist is the inclusion of New York. While it was a regular of the last tour, it is doubtful the band will play it outside New York this time. It's in a bit of an odd spot here too.

I'd also love to know where One is. The band aren't skipping that.

where is I will follow???? Where is Bad??? Where is One???

No POP song, no ZOOROPA song, no OCTOBER song, no R&H song....... well, it's strange and not reliable!

Walk on :madspit:

I still haven't......:madspit:

New York...

:madspit:

Originally posted by Axver
Though to whoever said Streets has never appeared in this spot, go look at Lovetown sets.
I think you're referring to me, but I did not say that Streets had never appeared in this spot. I said that I don't think it will be played sixth on the upcoming tour. From ZooTV on, Streets has been used much later in the set and I expect that to continue.

I think New York is one of u2s worst songs.....i do not want to see that at the show i go to in new jersey.

i don't think it will be played.

Back
Top Bottom