What Do You Think of This Transition?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theedge070

War Child
I'm getting a general feeling that a lot of people here are getting sick of the Pride-Streets-One transition (personally, I'm not, I love it). But I have a solution. It might sound a bit crazy.

In my opinion, I think 'City' has the ability to become as big a song as 'Streets' is. Streets is a song that will always bring the crowd to their feet and elevate everybody, no matter what mood they're in, no matter how good the band played before in the show. I feel City does the same on this tour.

Now I'm a big supporter of the One Campaign to end global poverty and AIDs. U2 got me into joining when I saw them on this tour, and I believe we have the opportunity to change history by making history. However, I think that they have preached their point enough on the subject. The G8 helped the cause by doubling their debt release on Africa and its countries, so they have served their purpose and done all they can for now.

So here's what I'm proposing-drop the Africa-themed Pride-Streets-One transitions for a portion of the 3rd leg and switch it up so that you go from City into Streets.

City is a song about innocence and discovering oneself. On the contrary, Streets is a tune that was inspired by the Bible and is about coming-of-age, from a perspective. I think it would be a great transition. They each have that 'mammoth of a song' feel, with huge buildups and big-time choruses.

Once everybody's energy is up at the end of City, the band can launch into Streets, and then back down into One. The band could place Pride into one of the encores along with Miss Sarajevo if they wanted. And if they return to Running To Stand Still, then it could be played before City.

After I recover from a heart attack resulting from the sheer joy of this transition, I might be able to agree with you.

It'll never happen though.

Back
Top Bottom