what do you think inspired the band to make 'Kite' a closing song for their concert?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
[Axver]

Vertigo
Closing songs

· 40 (61)
· Vertigo (37)
· Bad (14)
· All I Want Is You (3)
· Kite (3)
· Yahweh (1)
· With Or Without You (1)
· Fast Cars (1)
· Instant Karma! (1)
· Love Is Blindness (1)

Lovetown
Closing Songs
· 40 (33)
· With Or Without You (8)
· Love Rescue Me (4)
· Pride (In The Name Of Love) (2)

[/axver]

#KIWIMOFO# said:
Last night Bono said as he closed (correct me if I am wrong someone) "Some times there are times for surprises, tonight isnt one of those- good night" I thought that was odd.

No, he said something about sometimes needing a surprise - he was talking about the kite getting stuck in the screen. A think a tech pushed it out and back into the wind and that was what he was hinting at.

coolian2 said:
[Axver]

Vertigo
Closing songs

· 40 (61)
· Vertigo (37)
· Bad (14)
· All I Want Is You (3)
· Kite (3)
· Yahweh (1)
· With Or Without You (1)
· Fast Cars (1)
· Instant Karma! (1)
· Love Is Blindness (1)

Lovetown
Closing Songs
· 40 (33)
· With Or Without You (8)
· Love Rescue Me (4)
· Pride (In The Name Of Love) (2)

[/axver]

:lol: Thanks! :up:

Sorry I missed your post earlier, U2girl. Vertigo is now in second place for most closers, or first if you feel some songs counted as closers on Popmart were just snippets after One. Right behind Vertigo, surprisingly to some I'm sure, is the October Tour.

Lovetown has never had a claim at most closers. However, it is still the tour to have had the most different openers.

Lancemc said:
I haven't heard a boot of a 5th leg show yet. But I can imagine Kite would be quite the powerful closer. It seems so obvious a choice now that they've done it. :wink: I can't imagine being there for it. If I could address the common "What should be U2's last song of their last concert ever" question, I'd probably say Kite. How perfect is it?

I'd say 'Kite' would be a top candidate in that regard. To me, it's talking about looking back, having no regrets, letting go of some things, enjoying all of the aspects of your life, feeling satisfied, and then ultimately living on long after you are 'gone'. In a lot of ways, I think that could signify what U2 is about.

wow.... just actually heard a full version of the new kite, and words really do fail me, its the perfect closer in my eyes, so emotional, just feels so right :sad:

Back
Top Bottom