What about Crumbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Please don't tell me this song will become the next Acrobat! There are no reports this has been rehearsed whatsover. It would be a shame if it doesn't show up on the tour because it has enormous live potential.

I could be wrong (happens all the time) but I had a feeling from the time the album came out that Crumbs might not get played, that it would get "Acrobated" or "Red Hilled."

Although I wouldn't be crushed, and don't consider Crumbs to be in the same league as the aforementioned songs, or others like One Tree that were initially left off of tours.

They still might do it, but I get the feeling it's teetering on the edge of live relevance for them, and I won't be surprised if they don't play it.

I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if Crumbs is left of the setlist. It's my favorite song on the album, by far. It would figure though as Acrobat and So Cruel were two of my favs from Achtung and were never played. Such torture!

I think it would be played, as the lyrics so perfectly suit Bono's various causes. In fact, I think it will open the encore, as the encore break video is of the Human Rights Declaration and the lyrics seem appropriate - "where you live should not decide whether you live or whether you die".

as you wish16 said:
I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if Crumbs is left of the setlist. It's my favorite song on the album, by far. It would figure though as Acrobat and So Cruel were two of my favs from Achtung and were never played. Such torture!

So Cruel was played in full once, on 1992-09-09.

Axver said:

So Cruel was played in full once, on 1992-09-09.

I was under the impression that So Cruel was played only acoustic, with Bono only.
The song was played four times - the first time it came up pretty much spontaneously; in Milan on May 22nd 1992.
It was rehearsed at Hershey and there is a recording, where we can hear a full band version.
The three nights it was played(acoustically) were Boston, August 22nd, Detroit September 9th and Chicago September 15th.
I went to check if there may have been a full band version on a concert, but a reviewer states on U2tours.com that only Bono played So Cruel in Detroit, on 1992-09-09.
So, where did you get that info?
It would be pretty interesting if So Cruel really got played in full... Although I doubt it, according to the reviewer on U2tours.com and the placement in the setlist(during the acoustic set).

djerdap said:

I was under the impression that So Cruel was played only acoustic, with Bono only.
The song was played four times - the first time it came up pretty much spontaneously; in Milan on May 22nd 1992.
It was rehearsed at Hershey and there is a recording, where we can hear a full band version.
The three nights it was played(acoustically) were Boston, August 22nd, Detroit September 9th and Chicago September 15th.
I went to check if there may have been a full band version on a concert, but a reviewer states on U2tours.com that only Bono played So Cruel in Detroit, on 1992-09-09.
So, where did you get that info?
It would be pretty interesting if So Cruel really got played in full... Although I doubt it, according to the reviewer on U2tours.com and the placement in the setlist(during the acoustic set).

Blue Room was at the Detroit show and I thought he had said it was a full band performance. Maybe not. Blue Room, are you out there to clear this up?

Axver said:

Blue Room was at the Detroit show and I thought he had said it was a full band performance. Maybe not. Blue Room, are you out there to clear this up?

I was there, but it wasnt full band. It was only Bono acoustic. But he sang the whole thing, not just the first verse and chorus. The other times he did it he only did the first verse and chorus (He did a "bit" more at the 9-15-92 Chicago show also, but not the whole thing).

They worked on full band versions though at the Foxboro 8-20 and 8-22-92 soundchecks and some at the Hersey rehearsals. But never did a full band at a single show.

there is no recording of it, but they also tried a full band work up of so cruel at the second yankee stadium soundcheck on zoo tv. didn't really work though. i like the song but it would have been a dead spot in the show.

Last edited:
I agree with Zooropean103

But they might have to be drunk to play it since that was when it all came about in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom