What 1 song do you want dropped from the setlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What 'classic' song do you want dropped from the setlist?

• Beautiful Day

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Elevation

Votes: 51 20.0%
  • The Electric Co.

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart

Votes: 26 10.2%
  • New Year's Day

Votes: 21 8.2%
  • Sunday Bloody Sunday

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • Bullet the Blue Sky

Votes: 28 11.0%
  • Running to Stand Still

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pride (In the Name of Love)

Votes: 54 21.2%
  • Where the Streets Have No Name

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • One

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • The Fly

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Mysterious Ways

Votes: 15 5.9%

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Zoo Station

Votes: 14 5.5%

• Total voters
I picked New Years Day. I still enjoy it, but it's been played far too often and it's sounding a little bit old for my tastes.

Other than that, I don't think that U2 will ever drop Pride. I also have never liked BTBS except for some of the Lovetown and ZOOTV versions, but it seems to also have a place in U2's hearts, otherwise they would definately not be playing it.

I could die happy without hearing One, but again, its such a staple of U2 that it will be there forever with Streets and Pride.

Would rather like to hear Please at some point, it's on of my favorite songs and to only play it on one tour (the acoustic version doesn't count) doesn't give it the justice it deserves.

All my opinions, please don't rip into me (especially for not liking BTBS :ohmy: )

~A.j.~

By ALL MEANS - replace Pride with Crumbs. Crumbs > Streets would be the perfect transition.

Pride is a staple and will never be replaced. The Electric co. doesn't do anything for me so it gets my vote.

Pride, then Bullet.

Interesting that the poll includes Elevation and Beautiful Day under the heading of "classic" -- not my poll, not being critical, but I figure a song has to be at least 8 or 10 years old to qualify as a Classic.

In my book Elevation and BD are included this time out to keep the "new fans" interested, and BD is a pretty darn good song.

Classics, least for me, would include anything on AB or older.

Good poll though.

Having listened to a couple more bootlegs, I say keep this Elevation, in a rotation at least, the crowd interaction with that song is superb.

An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart was the only place in the two SJ shows where I thought the band lost their hold on the audience.......I personally enjoyed it, but it was the weakest song of the bunch......

Still kind of miffed that I didn't get "Gloria" or "Bad"...(although SJ2 had a whopping 8 HTDAAB songs)...but I just got a ticket to the second Oakland show....:drool: I have a feeling that something like "WOWY" or "UTEOTW" will reappear on the third leg....

BWU2Buffs said:
Pride, then Bullet.

Interesting that the poll includes Elevation and Beautiful Day under the heading of "classic" -- not my poll, not being critical, but I figure a song has to be at least 8 or 10 years old to qualify as a Classic.

In my book Elevation and BD are included this time out to keep the "new fans" interested, and BD is a pretty darn good song.

Classics, least for me, would include anything on AB or older.

Good poll though.

Yea, when I initially did this poll, I was in a hurry to get out the door and go to class, so I didn't really think through my wording. I realize the new songs aren't consider classics now, as I did when I made the poll. I was thinking 'older songs', ones that are not on the new album. I realize the title is a little contradictory with the poll options:wink:

Back
Top Bottom