Vertigo Tour setlist--Bad??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ltcf

The Fly
U2's been my favorite band for a long time, but I'm not much of a concert guy, and this week in Salt Lake City is going to be my first time seeing them live. Looking through their setlists, it looks like they don't play Bad regularly--only by exception not rule.

Bad is my favorite song in the world!! I could listen to that song all day every day, and I love their live versions of it--especially the Band Aid version. Anyway, do you think I'll get lucky and they'll play it for me?

You never know. If anything they'll play it in the encore or as a closer. I know alot of people haven't heard (seen) Bad this tour, but I think its cool U2 plays it every so often instead of every night. Makes it special for the diehards and satisfies the general audience. Now if they did the same w/ Pride, One, WOWY, and Bullet :wink:

Try to meet the band at soundcheck and literally beg Bono for "Bad" - either that or make a sign (one that can be rolled up like a poster) and try to get it close enough to the front so they can see it. You never know - it might work. Here's hoping.

I was under the impression they've been playing Bad a lot during third leg's encores: I heard it in Chicago, Detroit, and Boston.

(Okay, so I've seen a few shows this tour.)

It's an awesome song live -- here's hoping they play it during your show.

Last edited:
jobob said:
I was under the impression they've been playing Bad a lot during third leg's encores

Not really. Out of 46 shows so far (with #47, St Louis, starting in a couple of hours at the time of this post), it's been played 14 times.

Well, with Bad having not been performed in a bunch of shows as of late, either you'll get Bad (Since its a once in a while thing) or Bad has been dropped.

It should be noted that every time Bad has been played this tour, it has been played in a city with at least two concerts. That would go some way in explaining why it has not been played since 4 December in Boston.

The worst thing to do is to go along expecting them to play it and then being disappointed if they don't..

I remember going to a concert with someone once and because they didnt play 'bad', it ruined it for them.

I was the opposite, I wasn't expecting Bad. Thats why when I heard Edge start it up, I almost shit myself.

Interesting that they seemed to drop it when they started 'cleaning up' the tour in the single night cities. Setlist became much more predictable when they knew they wouldn't be facing repeat customers from the night before. Seems a little bit lazy to me...like they would've been content to do that the whole tour if they weren't going to be held accountable for it by their incredibly loyal fan base (myself included), paying an average of $95 a show. Still waiting for the tour when they do a complete setlist shuffle. Hell, they wouldn't even have to release a new album for me to go to those shows. And, I'd be more inclined to go to 2 or 3 nights, knowing I'd et a different show every night. Seems like a no-brainer , win-win situation to me. Fans get unique experience, and band rakes in the $$$ because of multiple night attendance. I know, been there, said that from old RobH here. Didn't mean to change the topic (sort of), but I don't get a chance to get on here much anymore.

Back
Top Bottom