vertigo is the only true great opener!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babyman

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
so far i've listened to all the vertigo versions they performed in the first 4 concerts. there aren't any doubts, this is the most rocking song, they play it much more better as expected, it is so full of adrenaline! this is the right opener, VERTIGO!!!!! crowd gets amazingly blown away when bono begins his counting, and the song is just an aeroplane. they should open every night with vertigo

I like COBL, like Love and Peace more....I don't know about Vertigo. I think it could work great, but I like it in the second slot most.

Either way, it would be cool if they just used all three and mixed it up.

I totally agree.
Vertigo should open.
3 war themed songs before the break.
Encore begins with City and end with Yahweh.
In order to make the new songs classic the need to be plaed in place of.

My money is on LAPOE. I don't think they'll ever go back to COBL or divert again from LAPOE.

Listen to LAPOE again from AN 1, the intro is like being in one hell of an electrical storm...and then it works into the song like a slow burn. And think about the name of the album and the message of LAPOE...which is either we dismantle the atomic bomb (which is really the people on our planets ability to coexist) or we
are all fucked. It's all about love and peace or else, the album and the tour.

Love Vertigo but it's also too short to be an opener.

I wouldn't mind if they kept changing up the opening song on us. They could so easily play awesome songs from other albums out of nowhere.

I'm imagining right now the opening to The Unforgettable Fire randomly kicking after the lights go down...that would be sweet.

Correction: Vertigo is the only true overly predictable opener.

Glad they aren't using it, though it'd be cool if they opened with it on a few occasions just to keep us on our toes.

I agree that by Chicago, Vertigo will open.

I notice that Elevation has crept up to the front of the set as well . . . pretty soon u2 will be back to its normal patterns.

LAPOE and City just don't work as openers, and there are no other candidates from the new album.

i think vertigo is a great energetic sing to get everyone pumped. Although, I am in favor of a rotating opener.

Veritgo, LPoE, and Streets - rotate the 3

I'm not fond of them starting the song with the extended drum intro. They should just go into the song like they've always done during the previous performances.(i.e. SNL)

...just my opinion

Vertigo is more the natural 2nd song of the show, just like Beautifull Day was during Elevation. LAPOE does lack the drive of the traditional openers but there is a certain oomph to it which works well as an opener. Certainly better then COBL.

Off course they could always choose to open with one of their older songs. They did it before. Gloria and OOC opened during War, 11 o'Clock Tick Tock opened during The Unforgettable Fire tour and Where the Streets opened about half of the Lovetown shows.

They could have the Hello Hello just start echoing over and over...it would be such a cool intro and for those of you who have seen the light show you'll know.

Axver said:
Correction: Vertigo is the only true overly predictable opener.

Glad they aren't using it, though it'd be cool if they opened with it on a few occasions just to keep us on our toes.

Here is the best answer on this thread.

Vertigo may open a few shows (I wont be shocked if it never does though). But its never going to be the staple opener. At least not on this tour.

I sure hope Vertigo never opens the show. LAPPOE is just too perfect not to. I mean just listen it. It's fucking insane. God damn. No words can describe it's awesomeness.:drool:

I love COBL but it doesn't feel right as an opener. I think I'd prefer LAPPOE cause it rocks just a bit harder right off the bat.

ive always thought LAPOE would be the perfect opener, especially with the way the song builds before it rocks. but i actually enjoy COBL as an opener. i was listening to the boot from opening nite, and the initial ambience from edge before the main riff was pretty awesome. i caught myself getting goosebumps when he started sliding:drool:; the same goosebumps id get with streets...

I got to see cobl open twice and love peace open twice, they are very different but both effective I think.... I actually got to see both from the floor, the light curtains and falling confetti for cobl work well with the song definately... Love Peace is more intense though unquestionably (especially from the floor) we were 2nd row from the rail outside the elipse, and with them all out on the catwalk at the beginning, carrying the spotlights, with the jet fighters in the background and that heavy bass going, its wild...

Gets better but I wont spoil it for those waiting to see....

Back
Top Bottom