Vertigo being played twice???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoopop

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I like how U2 is playing Vertigo twice in recent shows. I think it pays tribute to the early years when U2 played "Out of Control" twice. At least I think it was "Out of Control".

Have a look at the second link in my signature - down the end are three interesting facts, and the second is that four U2 songs have opened and closed the same concert - The Ocean (10 times), 11 O'clock Tick Tock (7), Vertigo (2), and Elevation (1). Judging by the ATYCLB promo tour, it seems not uncommon for U2 to repeat some songs at promo concerts, and this definitely seems to hark back to the early days of the band when songs would be played multiple times in concert (the most common songs to be repeated were The Ocean, 11 O'clock Tick Tock, and I Will Follow).

I was in Brooklyn and the second version of Vertigo was unbelievable. Before they played it Bono said "this one is for us" perhaps telling the crowd they wanted a second take of the song for TV purposes or what not. Nonetheless the song was truly for the fans as we went nuts and everyone was about twice as charged compared to the first version. That was the best way to end the show. Will they do it in the future, no. Was it awesome in Brooklyn, yes.

Back
Top Bottom