U2 should open with COBL, and close with Vertigo...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
Everyone complains and doesn't like Vertigo twice... so play it once, instead...

01. City Of Blinding Lights
02. I Will Follow
03. The Electric Co.
04. Elevation
05. New Year's Day
06. Beautiful Day
07. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
08. All I Want Is You
09. Miracle Drug
10. Sometimes
11. Love and Peace
12. Sunday Bloody Sunday
13. Bullet
14. Miss Sarajevo
15. Pride
16. Streets
17. One
18. Zoo Station
19. The Fly
20. With Or Without You
21. All Because Of You
22. Vertigo

The reason that the band plays COBL later in the set is to get the full effect of the light show that accompanies it, much the same reason they seem to like to play Vertigo twice.

I think that we'll see COBL open the show again when the third leg starts and the band is playing in arenas again.

I was really happy they played Vertigo again at the end, you would think that the screens wouldn't make that much of a diference but they really did. Realy, really cool stuff there! Plus the song rocks and leaves the crowd really pumped up!!! :rockon:

probably because its alright in the encore to get people going again and then to play yahweh it fits in with the two praise songs to God in a row.

I actually like it when City of Blinding Lights opened for the shows on the first leg. The Edge and the song... it just builds and builds and builds and then it just goes off. Really nicely done.

On the other hand I would like it if '40' closed, or Bad/40, or even Walk On again.

id rather have vertigo open

or maybe im just biased because thats how i saw it in my show:huh:

then let city of blinding lights close

Totally agree with you...in my opinion, COBL was great to start the show and Vertigo is kind of a punch at the end! :wink:

I don't think that set would work as Vertigo definately needs to be played early in the show. It only works as a closer when it has already opened the show, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom