u2 have ruined the ending to "ONE" !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
isnt the yelling in fact bono and edge singing out "call" as in "call me to help end world poverty" like Bono usaully says before they start One?

what happened to this??

corianderstem said:
At the risk of becoming a setlist griper, I have to say this version of One, while it should be moving and a call to action in the midst of the whole One Campaign and Drop the Debt, feels a little flat.

Alas.

lol and i love the title of the thread about U2 ruining, i mean isnt it there song to ruin if they so please?

Chizip, I was just commenting on the ending. I think the "oh-oh-ohs" are nice.

As a whole, I still think the song isn't holding up well live.

But, I reserve the right to change my mind in the future ... I'm a big ol' waffler. :wink:

The new ending to One is great. It adds a lot to the song. The "Hear me coming Lord..." part was already sounding a bit boring imo and done automatically by Bono. Edge and Bono's voices always worked great together and it is again. Great sing-along part.

i dont really like the way they do the beginning, middle, or end of One on this tour.

corianderstem said:

As a whole, I still think the song isn't holding up well live.

I agree, this is U2s biggest song that isnt that powerful live, id choose so many other songs over One to hear at a show. Either ending, its mediocre in a live setting.

Chizip said:
i dont really like the way they do the beginning, middle, or end of One on this tour.

:lmao: what about the part between the beginning and the middle? the biddle?

I hate to say it but I agree, this song hasn't been as good this tour, and I hate saying that because One is my favourite song of all time. However, Live 8... :drool: They did the song justice there. Restored One to ZooTV glory and then some, complete with Unchained Melody. Beautiful.

I like the Bono-Edge ending thing, it's different, but I like the extra verse and falsetto way more, it just seems so right. I mean compare the Live 8 version to any version with the new ending on this tour, isn't the Live 8 One a million times better?? I think it is.

AtomicBono said:

:lmao: what about the part between the beginning and the middle? the biddle?

I hate to say it but I agree, this song hasn't been as good this tour, and I hate saying that because One is my favourite song of all time. However, Live 8... :drool: They did the song justice there. Restored One to ZooTV glory and then some, complete with Unchained Melody. Beautiful.

I like the Bono-Edge ending thing, it's different, but I like the extra verse and falsetto way more, it just seems so right. I mean compare the Live 8 version to any version with the new ending on this tour, isn't the Live 8 One a million times better?? I think it is.

thought the live8 version was pretty good...the hear me comming lord is still the best ending of the song( I think)

Live8 was great, reminded me of what a great song One is.

The rest of the tour has been very weak, I rarely feel the urge to listen to the song on this tour.

I must say though they have made one great change. That is ditching the synths at the start of the song for some great Unforgetable Fire-ish guitar by the Edge. Wonderful change and has breathed some life into the dead zone that is Bono's rambling.

No.
"Hear us coming" ending is getting a bit old, the Bono-Edge harmonizing added much neede freshness to the song. I like the grittier Edge guitar on this tour, now if only they'd change the arrangement of the song not to sound so much like the album version.

U2girl said:
No.
"Hear us coming" ending is getting a bit old, the Bono-Edge harmonizing added much neede freshness to the song. I like the grittier Edge guitar on this tour, now if only they'd change the arrangement of the song not to sound so much like the album version.

It doesn't ad much needed freshness if it is uninspired and plain.

U2girl said:
No.

you want them to pull a Bullet on One? :eyebrow:

I see no reason to change the arrangement of the song. The album version is perfect, why would they want to deviate much from it?

AtomicBono said:

you want them to pull a Bullet on One? :eyebrow:

I see no reason to change the arrangement of the song. The album version is perfect, why would they want to deviate much from it?

If they can make it relive on each tour like Bullet I'm all for it.
It's tiring to hear the album version, yet again, on every tour.

U2girl said:

If they can make it relive on each tour like Bullet I'm all for it.
It's tiring to hear the album version, yet again, on every tour.
hey, we agree on something :wink:

Back
Top Bottom