twelve great reasons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mackemlad

The Fly
Did anyone catch the Culture show interview on BBC two tonight?

Great interview lousy sound from the gig though
Bad recording or was it really as bad as that?

It was interesting to hear the quote from Edge that it takes good reasons for U2 to hall its arse around the world these days.

And that Bomb has supplied twelve great reasons to do just that.

I have heard the same quote from Bono.

Why then if there are twleve great reasons why have they only consistantly played seven.

I cant wait to see them tomorrow in Manchester but I would have loved to have been going thinking i may hear Crumbs, original of the species, man and a woman or one step closer. I think even Fast cars in europe would be cool

Imo the weakest track on the whole album is all because of you and that is a staple.
I may love it tomorrow though who knows.

It just seems a shame that such great tracks have either been played rarlely (species) or never the other four.

I think back to Zoo tv. Correct me Axver if im wrong, only Acrobat failed to get played.
I have a boot of zoo tv and they played in that show every song bar so cruel and acrobat.

That is ten songs from one album in one show. I know Vertigo is a completely different tour but Im sure we could / should hear more.

Crumbs, one step closer & orignal are begging to be played.

Just my oppinion Im sure some may agree and many won,t

Roll on tomorrow and Glasgow a week later!

there are millions of u2 fans out there and what ever setlist they play someone out there won't like it so i think just go with the flow and let the band decide what they think is best!

Re: ZooTV. Ten songs from Achtung Baby were played at just about every show on the first and second legs, nine on the later legs and then Zooropa material started to come in. So Cruel appeared in snippet form a few times and Bono even played the whole thing in full. Acrobat didn't make it past rehearsals but we do have a recording of a rehearsal version of Acrobat.

The only album to be played in full is Boy.

I just realized that during the both the War and UF tours only 6 out of 10 songs were regularly played. And the UF tour was as much as Zoo TV was about changing their sound for a new direction.

Almost all of POP got played too...

This tour has a much bigger "best-Of" factor than U2 tours usually do.

It's not just the Vertigo show like ZooTV was the Zoo show and POP was the POP show, it's the U2 show...

Back
Top Bottom