Tonight's the Night Baby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chizip said:
Oh please, you've been putting the ***THIS IS MY OPINION, IF THAT WASNT CLEAR*** comments in your posts to be smart ass about our little disagreement. Also, if you "guarantee" something, you should be ready to face the heat if it doesn't come true. But whatever, it's dropped now.

Should be an interesting show tonight.

I'm not just saying this, I wasnt doing it to be a smart ass. I was trying to avoid more comments like you made anyway. I have done it twice and both times were in the setlist forum only because of the topic.

Like I said, I can take it. But I have moved on from the "acoustic encore" thread. It got way off topic and out of hand. It happens.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Anyone else think we're not going to get anything "special"? I don't know, I feel it in my bum knee. :wink:

we're getting mofo tonight damnit :mad:

Blue Room said:

You and U2Man obviously are hellbent on trying to belittle me when I post now. Thats fine, I can handle it. Not quite sure why U2man continues to do so though. Our debate occurred several months ago and I didnt even think it was bad. :shrug:

To be honest, you are not really in any position to weep over other people belittling you. You know full well what your purpose with posting :laugh:-smileys all over your posts, is. Don't tell me that you don't know what I am talking about or that you don't do this. I'm not sure whether you are aware of this or not, but consistently mocking people with these, while at the same time being immensely arrogant in your tone is really considered obnoxious by quite a few people in here. I don't think Chizip and I are the only ones thinking so. And I'm not just basing this on the debate the two of us had several months ago, I've seen this in numerous posts of yours.

But if this post of yours indicates that you are actually starting to realize that this kind of behaviour isn't really pleasant to be exposed to, then that's just good, and let's hope that things will change then.

U2Man said:

But if this post of yours indicates that you are actually starting to realize that this kind of behaviour isn't really pleasant to be exposed to, then that's just good, and let's hope that things will change then.

No, I'm not changing. I think threads get a little out of hand sometimes and I have been a part of that on occassion. I will admit that. What I dont understand is you think my using the :laugh: smilie is arrogant. Not sure when I did that to you specifically other than that thread several months ago? Anyway, so you think thats wrong and bad and you turn around and do the same thing back? What is that saying? Its wrong of me to do it, but OK for you to do it to me?

WildHoneyAlways said:
Anyone else think we're not going to get anything "special"? I don't know, I feel it in my bum knee. :wink:

I hope you're right because I'm holding back from jumping on a train at the last minute :|

Sorry, I took this thread off topic again. I'm sure U2man has a response for me and thats fine. But I'm done. If you want to discuss it send me a PM.

My question about tonight is will they open with City 5 nights in a row. My guess is yes and if they dont it will be Vertigo that opens.

Blue Room said:

No, I'm not changing. I think threads get a little out of hand sometimes and I have been a part of that on occassion. I will admit that. What I dont understand is you think my using the :laugh: smilie is arrogant. Not sure when I did that to you specifically other than that thread several months ago? Anyway, so you think thats wrong and bad and you turn around and do the same thing back? What is that saying? Its wrong of me to do it, but OK for you to do it to me?

You almost made me want to post a :laugh:-smiley here. Which I will refrain from, though. No, it's not OK for anyone to mock anyone this way. And the arrogance of your posts, I am talking about, isn't just contained in the :laugh:-smilies. Do you remember, a few months ago you told me and several others that many people were browsing this board "looking" to be offended? How could they not be, considering posts like yours? You are obviously reacting to the laugh smilies I posted earlier on in this thread, so you must be aware of their effect. I posted them in order to draw your attention to your own use of these, hoping that if you felt this behaviour exerted on your own person, you might wish to reconsider your own behaviour. But since you just told me that you're not changing, there really is no point in this, is there?

Off to bed.

Last edited:
Well, it seems like someone has some kind of bone disease here! Seek a doctor quickly! :mad:

:wink:

I'm sure the boys are trying to perfect the pop songs they are working on and will eventually play them. At least Discotheque. I think they will play it in the future. Yes, I do. :yes:

TheBrazilianFly said:

I'm sure the boys are trying to perfect the pop songs they are working on and will eventually play them. At least Discotheque. I think they will play it in the future. Yes, I do. :yes:

but theyve already perfected discotheque, they could still be doing a discotheque/the fly encore, its quite delicious

i guess we should know to never doubt the bum knee

Last edited:
WildHoneyAlways said:
It's true, my knee should be respected. The question is, if I need to get it scoped, will it lose its prognosticating prowess?

not until after the STL show - then I'll hook you up with a hot orthopod for the scope:wink:

Chizip said:

but theyve already perfected discotheque, they could still be doing a discotheque/the fly encore, its quite delicious
I agree but that's what we think. I can see no other reason (besides maybe Larry's arm) for the band not to play that song. I mean it looks like they put some thought and time into that version of the song but yet they're not playing it. :shrug:

I would love this to happen:

Zoo Station
The Fly
Discothèque
With Or Without You

If tonight isn't the night, then the night in question is unlikely to surface at all. :wink:

Tombola said:
If tonight isn't the night, then the night in question is unlikely to surface at all. :wink:
What about on night 1 of the Australian tour? They debuted stuff on Leg 3, so why not on Leg 4?

That said, I would like to encourage people not to get their expectations too high. Keep it real folks.

i personally think tonights show might see mofo and or discotheque, weaird they went with the night 2 set for a first night, so maybe just maybe some people will get there wish :)

cleazer said:
What about on night 1 of the Australian tour? They debuted stuff on Leg 3, so why not on Leg 4?

Well, of course. Ideally Leg 4 will see real shake ups, such as the splitting of Pride-WTSHNN-One and LAPOE-SBS-BTBS. That would really be something.

Tombola said:

Well, of course. Ideally Leg 4 will see real shake ups, such as the splitting of Pride-WTSHNN-One and LAPOE-SBS-BTBS. That would really be something.
i dont see why? when these continents havent even seen 1 show from this tour

That's the part of me that is gagging for bootleg variety speaking there. But I don't see the harm in occasionally moving these songs around. I'd like to see Beautiful Day follow Streets, for example. That was done once on the Elevation tour and it worked really well.

Back
Top Bottom