Tonight's setlist (3/30 San Diego)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoomerang96 said:
two of those albums got shelled by critics.

u2's more than a little mindful of that.

and pride is back. glory glory.

That's what's so interesting. POP had great reviews upon it's release, it's the retrospective criticism that's been so harsh.

i really wish they had rehearsed dirty day for this tour. that would be a sweet ass main set closer.

days days days run away like horses over the hills...

really rock that bitch out :rockon:

Actually, I'd like to see

Dirty Day-->Zoo Station-->The Fly

Dirty Day has a bit of a slow build to it, and if the idea is to build momentum and maintain it after Running to Stand Still, that would make sense to me

Se7en said:
i really wish they had rehearsed dirty day for this tour. that would be a sweet ass main set closer.

days days days run away like horses over the hills...

really rock that bitch out :rockon:

I so agree!!! I would kill to hear Dirty Day!

I don't know you and you don't know the half of it........

looks like a good set so far. the band looks like they'er trying to perfect last night's set while adding some great classics.

Where's "Electrical Storm"? :ohmy:

I'm sure the setlist will evolve as the tour progresses. It will change more in Europe and change dramatically in the Fall.

I say that "Stay," "Bad," and "Discotheque" will all make appearances...oh and "Gone" too. Even though I'm not a huge "Pop" fan I'd love to hear "Please" and "Last Night On Earth" which I thought rocked live.

i for one, actually enjoy with or without you.

good choice to throw that in now and again.

UnforgettableLemon said:
Actually, I'd like to see

Dirty Day-->Zoo Station-->The Fly

Dirty Day has a bit of a slow build to it, and if the idea is to build momentum and maintain it after Running to Stand Still, that would make sense to me

:up: that would totally kick!

Well this is my first post and I am going to my first U2 show on Saturday 04/02/05. I just wanted to say that I am really excited that With or Without You is in the rotation. I have read this forum for a couple of months prior to registering, and it is apparent that there are a lot of folks here that want the most obscure setlist possible. I too like all of U2's music, but their hits aren't hits by accident - it is because they are great songs. Anyway, I guess I am one of those boring Joshua Tree fans. Not at all like I don't like the Atomic Bomb or the music prior to and after Joshua Tree - I love it all. But to hear WOW, Streets, Running to Stand Still live will be a very special experience for me. I can't wait for Saturday. I am going with my wife and we are both very excited!

i just realized they've never played heartland live. cmon! that song is amazing! they have to play it!

1- City of Blinding Lights
2- Vertigo
3- Cry - The Electric Co.
4- Gloria
5- Beautiful Day
6- With or Without You
7- New Year's Day
8- Miracle Drug
9- Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10- Love and Peace or Else
11- Sunday Bloody Sunday
12- Bullet the Blue Sky - Hands That Built America
13- Running to Stand Still
14- Zoo Station
15- The Fly
16- Elevation
17- Pride
18- Where the Streets Have No Name
19- One

Looks like we may get a standard 22 song set at least through this tour. The 19 song sets that dominated Elevation weren't that bad, but for the prices on this tour, 22 is definitely at the least a nice gesture.

one is a fine song.

what i don't get is sunday bloody sunday...among a few others.

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't they stop playing that song because they didnt want it becoming too much of an "anthem"?

that's ALL it is now. why not play please instead?

I'd just be concerned about Bono pushing his voice that far night in and out. There are strained moments as it is right now.

The Turin, Italy show was that long, as I recall. Fairly close. It had the big Pride, Out of Control encore after the planned encore. Can you imagine that? A spontaneous encore at a U2 show? :faint:

I like Sunday Bloody Sunday better live. I can't listen to it on the radio but I love it live. The begining druming....gives me the chills.

Last edited:
Zoomerang96 said:
one is a fine song.

what i don't get is sunday bloody sunday...among a few others.

correct me if i'm wrong, but didn't they stop playing that song because they didnt want it becoming too much of an "anthem"?

that's ALL it is now. why not play please instead?

I agree entirely. War is getting a lot of love on this tour, what with 40 and NYD and SBS. But SBS is a bit tired, but I guess it's there in between Love and Peace and Bullet for a reason. :shrug:

I think we can all agree that if ABOY is going to be played, it should be early in the set (after Vertigo?). The slot currently taken by ABOY could then go to a random "oldie" for the night (Party Girl?)

Back
Top Bottom