To all of those who have seen U2 live!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When (if) they play it, UTEOTW is my favorite song. I've been lucky to hear it a lot over the years.

However, Streets and Bad are definitely the two highlights of any live U2 show. Both are simply amazing, and the whole crowd just goes insane.

This year, the two most pleasant surprises have been Electric Co and Miss Sarajevo. I never really thought I'd hear Electric Co played live. I've always enjoyed it on UABRS, but I can't beleive how much better it sounds when they play it live this year. Its an absolute blast to listen to. Miss Sarajevo is, of course, just about the complete opposite. One of those slow and hauntingly beautiful songs, I've always enjoyed it. It would be a decent live song, but Bono's opera singing takes it to a completely different level.

The Electric Co. - This song has so much energy and power live that I'm really hoping that they play it next tour as well. That ending is simply amazing! When I saw them, at the end of the song Bono and Edge went to the b stage and started spinning around and singing “woh-oh-who-oh”. One of the best live U2 songs ever!

The Fly - When Edge starts playing that riff it's impossible to simply stand still. You gotta move your head back and forth to the rhythm of the song. All the words flashing from the screens makes you feel like you’re on the Zoo TV tour. The chaos of that ending is also fucking amazing to hear live right in front of you!

Love And Peace Or Else - Very groovy and kick ass. Watching Bono and Larry rocking and shouting "REALEASE, RELEASE, RELEASE" during the chorus was one of the best moments ever! Bono beating the hell out of that drum at the ending makes the night even more special.

Vertigo - This song is just great and I actually think that people don't seem to appreciate it as much as the band. It's really a brilliant song if you stop and think abut it. The explosion of the chorus is amazing! You feel like jumping in the air!

Mynthor said:
How did you guys found crumbs??? :ohmy:
I love that song on the album. I was thrilled I got to hear it in Detroit. The live version could probably use some polishing, though.

i'd go as far as saying that "Bad/First Time" from Chicago 9/21 may be one of U2's finest performances ever.

1stepcloser said:

elevation afterwards weren't bad either:drool:

Not bad...but I think I'd prefer the first encore:

17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. Mysterious Ways
20. With Or Without You

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

1stepcloser said:

elevation afterwards weren't bad either:drool:
I agree but it was at this point in the show when i realised a lot of the people in the elipse were going to stand there like statues and take themselves far too seriously,up until then i was so blown away by the band i could'nt have cared less

Where the Streets Have No Name - when The Edge suddenly started playing the guitar I just started smiling like hell and my eyes suddenly filled up. It was incredible, really...

Zoo Station - I never thought I'd hear that live and I was thrilled when I saw they brought it back at the beginning of the tour. I'll never forget them playing that. The intro was just incredible!

I saw U2 live in Milan last July 21 and Jahweh was the moment that make me :sad:

It was absolutely stunning!!

Nov 1, LA---1st CONCERT EVER LAST NIGHT!!! and i'm still shivering...

COBL's "OH YOU LOOK SO BEAUTIFUL" set the mood early on, and wow I feel remember pumping my fist to each word

Vertigo was AWESOMEEEEEE- I do feel dizzy jumping around like a madman screaming HELLO HELLO

MAN there are so many other good ones, SBS, Streets, BDAY...nvm I can't answer this

bad. there's something about that song that just feels really, really special.

honorable mentions: zoo station, an cat dubh, and of course streets.

mads said:
bad. there's something about that song that just feels really, really special.

honorable mentions: zoo station, an cat dubh, and of course streets.

I agree :yes:

On this tour?

Bad ending the show was maybe my favourite single moment. Epic.

Probably Gloria. Never thought I'd hear it live and it was so :drool: and I was sooooooooooo excited to hear it, esp. b/c if my instincts are right, it hasn't been played much this tour. (I have been trying to stay in the dark about setlists though)

For me, my favorite songs in the four Vertigo Tour shows I've seen (the only times I've seen U2 live, not counting the Slane and Live Aid videos) have been Bad, Fast Cars, and Miss Sarajevo.

The first time I heard Bad live, at my very first show, it made me think of Live Aid (even though it was 21 years later) and secretly wish for Bono to jump off the stage. :wink:

Fast Cars, because Bono dances very well to it, and it's fun to listen to.

And Miss Sarajevo, because night after night Bono holds that long operatic note in the middle of the song.

Honorable Mention: I Will Follow, and the acoustic version of Wild Horses.

Last edited:
Dulce de Leche said:
Probably Gloria. Never thought I'd hear it live and it was so :drool: and I was sooooooooooo excited to hear it, esp. b/c if my instincts are right, it hasn't been played much this tour. (I have been trying to stay in the dark about setlists though)

Gloria a great closer???:coocoo: First time I ever hear that one...

favorite live song--this tour...gloria and electric co
but overall...new years day, uteotw, bad, and streets are all close...so i guess i really dont have one answer for you:)

Is it because it's too obvious for hard core U2 fans, where is B-day? Thats probobly the most fun to play and when the lights come up on DAAAAAAY...wow! Life's great!

The Fly
Miss Sarajevo
City of Blinding Lights
The Electric Co.
Until the End of the World

Now that I've seen them live I can says that Love and Peace Or Else is a surprising song live!

Honorable mention to: Mysterious Ways, 40 and One

StlElevation said:
popmuzik intro --> discotheque in toronto

Your so lucky.

My highlights this tour:

Electric Co.
Bad (Chicago I, was nearly in tears)
COBL (Especially as the intro)
Zoo Station

Back
Top Bottom