Thoughts on song(s) to be played tonight for the Pope?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deltau922

War Child
I'm guessing it'll probably be MLK, but I could also see them doing When I look At The World or Walk On.

A place that has to be believed to be seen.

If they add anything at all.

When I Look At The World was only snippeted once on Elevation, so I think it's out of the question.

I'm hoping they close the show with Gloria/Yahweh/40. That'd be wonderful.

Walk On or MLK are probably possibilities. MLK into Streets would be superb. They could very easily pull off Pride/MLK/Streets, if Bono can put aside his African intro.

Last edited:
It would be awesome if they started the concert with MLK and that merged into COBL! The screens could have a big picture of the Pope during MLK! Ave Maria is a great idea also, Bono could sing it after One is over! I would LOVE that! :drool:

TheBrazilianFly said:
It would be awesome if they started the concert with MLK and that merged into COBL! The screens could have a big picture of the Pope during MLK! Ave Maria is a great idea also, Bono could sing it after One is over! I would LOVE that! :drool:

beutiful.

MLK/Streets/Pride (or MLK/Pride/Streets) to open the show would be perfect. I'll be leaving for that show in a couple hours.

They could what they did back in '87 when I saw them open with MLK at the last LA Sports Arena show and have Bono do the song with absolutely no lights - easily the best beginning to a U2 show I've ever seen.

T.B.

I love the idea of opening with MLK or even Yahweh and then reprising it at the end of the show.

i have always thought MLK would be a great opener ala the indoor zoo tv shows where bono would walk out a sing all alone. i just want to see MLK- Until the end of the World - that has always been my dream opener.

TheBrazilianFly said:

Wow, I have goose bumps just reading this.
MLK, Ave Marie, One, COBL would be awesome in any order :angel:

Back
Top Bottom