they MUST play FAST CARS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure, let's have a song that isn't good enough to make an album rather than an old classic. Solid logic to me. :|

c'mon, you gotta be a little curious how edge handles the flamenco riff live... not to mention the mullah yodel by bono.

Please no fast cars, the song is ok but i'd rather have almost any other song from their collection

Axver said:
Sure, let's have a song that isn't good enough to make an album rather than an old classic. Solid logic to me. :|

Its hard for me to imagine someone writting, "let's have a song that isn't good enough to make an album rather than an old classic", and then daring to use the word "logic" in the same sentence.

Come on folks is it too much to ask for you to use your thinking caps?

Fast Cars ROCKS!

and some of U2's better songs never appeared as official tracks on an album, fyi.

Last edited:
OK, this might sound crazy, but everytime I listen to Fast Cars, I can't help but to think an instrumental version played over the PA would be a great pre-show song leading up to the lights going down and/or band taking the stage. Anyone else feeling this? The intense drumming. The mysterious guitar.

Axver said:

Oh come on. It DID make the album in certain countries, AND in the U.S. if you were willing to pay extra. It's a great song! I'd love to hear it live. They can cut ABOY from the set to make room for Fast Cars for all I care.

I could see it as an acoustic bit coupled with one other song and maybe rotated every few nights.

I'd much rather something like The Electric Co. or Tomorrow or Exit, personally. Bring back something old and brilliant.

Fast Cars would be interesting, but ... whether it's played or not is neither here nor there to me.

I just hope U2 mixes it up quite a bit so that the bootlegs will be more fun. :wink:

Axver said:
I'd much rather something like The Electric Co. or Tomorrow or Exit, personally. Bring back something old and brilliant.

Fast Cars would be interesting, but ... whether it's played or not is neither here nor there to me.

Exactly. Plus, I don't see why people think Fast Cars would be a good live song. Xanax and Wine would sound better live, imo.

FullonEdge2 said:

Exactly. Plus, I don't see why people think Fast Cars would be a good live song. Xanax and Wine would sound better live, imo.

It would have been better live AND it has a better title.

:lol: There are no MUST songs other than Streets and maybe One.

I would say the odds of Fast Cars being done are slim. Not impossible but slim. I would guess at the least it would done as a snippet for another song and at the VERY most it would be done acoustic only. I seriously doubt you would get a full band version of this in any form.

the tourist said:
I'd rather see Shadows And Tall Trees and Promenade acoustic....

:drool:

I'd like them to just play those! SATT was the first album song ever cut from U2's sets, and Promenade has never been played :sad:

Promenade needs to see the light of day in a live song. The lyrics are stunning.

the tourist said:
Promenade needs to see the light of day in a live song. The lyrics are stunning.

Agreed! It is an overlooked gem. Bono did actually once SAY a line of Promenade during a speech in Bad, 21 July 1987, Munich. It's not even enough to rate as a snippet as he's just talking, but it's the "spiral staircase to the higher ground" line as he talks.

Back
Top Bottom