There seems to be a pattern between snippeting and playing the songs...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I've been thinking about this a lot and last night's performance of The Ocean convinced me even more that we can predict these kind of performances...
Just hear me out. Bono is famous for his various snippeting of songs, whether they are U2's or not, in a certain performance.
On the Popmart tour, he snippeted The Fly in Discotheque(Houston 1997, Buenos Aires 3rd night in 1998). The Fly reappeared on Elevation tour.
At the beginning of Elevation tour, there were very interesting snippets. The Ocean was snippeted after One in Calgary(April 9th 2001). What was played last night again?
Into the Heart was snippeted at one point too. I'm not sure when.
In Pheonix on 1st leg, In God's Country was snippeted. The song reemerged in acoustic format on the 3rd leg.
Bono sang even some Night and Day in Philadelphia, June 11th 2001. That song was first performed live two years later.

So, these snippets are a definite proof that Bono likes these songs and wouldn't mind perform them again.
You see, one of my all-time favorite songs, Love is Blindness, was also snippeted on Elevation tour in Calgary, April 10th 2001. There is a possibility we could see this song on the Vertigo tour.

So next tour we'll see full band performances of Stories For Boys, The Hands That Built America and Blackbird.
:hmm:

Blackbird? Did I mention a non-u2 song?
In that case, U2 will play 100 covers on this tour.

Although Blackbird is a one-instrument only...

The coolest cover ever would be Riders On The Storm. They took a piece of that during Exit at some JT show.

Who here thinks Edge can actually play the proper chords to Blackbird?

It's probably the most complex beatles song to learn on guitar.

U2FP

U2FanPeter said:
Who here thinks Edge can actually play the proper chords to Blackbird?

It's probably the most complex beatles song to learn on guitar.

U2FP

Yea and no problem at all:wink:

Don't forget 40 between Bad and Streets. Though that raises the question - where's Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses? I doubt that will ever be played in full again.

if they cover any songs, they shoould cover clash first. or snipet clash. if they do, its beyond cool. the clash are the heros of u2 that have not been covered nor snipeted ever. as fas a i know.

typhoon said:

Yes, "Night and Day."

Yeah. Well, I hardly consider that a cover(covered lyrics, new music), since it was changed so much. But, my mistake still.
And Axver, good point about 40. I bet there's more of these examples.

Axver said:
Don't forget 40 between Bad and Streets. Though that raises the question - where's Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses? I doubt that will ever be played in full again.

And that is a sad fact. :(

Very interesting discussion which occured at the beginning of the tour.
Notice the comments about Wild Horses.
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Love is Blindness, Running To Stand Still, Into the Heart, The Ocean - all of them rarities that were snippeted during the Elevation Tour, appeared in full during the Vertigo Tour.
A coincidence?

Axver said:

Aaaand 1.5 months after I made this comment, I'm at a concert where U2 play WGRYWH for the first time in 12.5 years. Nice way to prove me wrong, U2! :up:

So according to the logic of this thread, next tour, U2 will play Stories For Boys, Ultra Violet, Love Rescue Me, and Miami (hey, that was snippeted on Elevation but wasn't done this tour!).

allbecauseofu2 said:
if they cover any songs, they shoould cover clash first. or snipet clash. if they do, its beyond cool. the clash are the heros of u2 that have not been covered nor snipeted ever. as fas a i know.

Well, Bono snippeted London Calling and Rock The Casbah this tour.

Axver said:

Aaaand 1.5 months after I made this comment, I'm at a concert where U2 play WGRYWH for the first time in 12.5 years. Nice way to prove me wrong, U2! :up:

So according to the logic of this thread, next tour, U2 will play Stories For Boys, Ultra Violet, Love Rescue Me, and Miami (hey, that was snippeted on Elevation but wasn't done this tour!).

Don't forget Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car and Please.

Back
Top Bottom