The Ultimate Poll (Because we really needed another thread about this)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you like 2 Vertigos?

• Yes!

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • No!

Votes: 66 73.3%

• Total voters

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
Yeah I know the last thing we need is another thread about 2 vertigos, but this is the first poll about it!!!

Ok so just vote Yes or No to the idea of playing 2 Vertigos.

Please keep in mind, this is not a thread asking if closing with Vertigo is good or bad, it's asking if the idea of Vertigo taking up 2 places in the setlist is good or bad.

So if you vote Yes that means that Yes, you do prefer hearing Vertigo twice over hearing Vertigo once and another song like UTEOTW, or Bad, or maybe a Pop/Zooropa song.

If you vote No that means you'd prefer Vertigo to take up only 1 place in the setlist, whether it be at the beginning, at the end, or in the middle.

I should also add it would probably be nice if we kept the debate about 2 vertigos to a minimum. It's been beaten to death so much that even the thought of the argument makes us want to jump off a cliff.

So just vote and say which one you voted for, and maybe a shoooort reason for why you voted that way if you please, but thats all we really need to hear. This is just for scientific purposes. :wink:

TheBrazilianFly said:
If it works for the people who are at the concert that's great. So yes. :)

i saw what you said before you edited :wink:

who else voted Yes??

if youre going to vote Yes please make sure you make it known so that the rest of us can ridicule you.

Thanks.

TheBrazilianFly said:

:lol:

I had a huge answer than I read what you said about keeping it short so I had to edit my beautiful and eloquent post. :sad:

well i appreciate your following the instructions.

because of this i will spare you the ridicule :wink:

StlElevation said:
i voted yes

oh god, not a fellow cardinals fan

youd honestly rather hear vertigo twice instead of vertigo and bad, or vertigo and uteotw, or vertigo and some other song?

Chizip said:

oh god, not a fellow cardinals fan

youd honestly rather hear vertigo twice instead of vertigo and bad, or vertigo and uteotw, or vertigo and some other song?

i don't mind it at all. i enjoyed hearing it twice the three times i saw it. do i think bad is a better closer when i saw that twice? yes.

however, i have no problem with seeing vertigo close and open. it gives the tour a signature closer and something they haven't done before.

this is something new in a way. i think its cool, but the coolest was when it was spontaneous after 40 in nj1. that was the best time.

on paper, it looks like shit. but when youre there, its awesome. if the internet didnt exist and we were all just going to the shows not knowing the setlists, i think most people would shit their pants. but since theyre now closing with it for sure as well as opening and everybody knows and expects it, people dont care for it as much.

i think its awesome in concert to see it close, maybe as you said they could play something else instead at the beginning, but i've no problem seeing vertigo twice. just my opinion, i know everybody else here disagrees

The only answer I could think of is NO. Can;t think of a single reason to vote yes

It was funny once as a spontaneous thing (if in fact it was spontaneous, I don't know that it was) but now that's it's become part of the setlist I think it's just plain weird.

I voted no, although I was listening to the 4/25 Seattle boot and when Bono explains that encore means playing the same fucking song again, I thought that was just too :cute: ! :heart: cursing Bono :heart:

No, because I rather want to hear a new song. And I don't like Vertigo ending it because I think a softer song should end U2 concerts.;)

StlElevation said:

on paper, it looks like shit. but when youre there, its awesome. if the internet didnt exist and we were all just going to the shows not knowing the setlists, i think most people would shit their pants. but since theyre now closing with it for sure as well as opening and everybody knows and expects it, people dont care for it as much.

That makes sense! :wink: :up:

No to 2 Vertigos

I haven't been to a show where they play it two times and from what I hear, it's mind blowing.

However, I think it would be more mind blowing to reach into their vast catalogue and play something we haven't heard in years (same song in 2 hours is a bit much).

It would get everyone psyched like crazed psychopaths if instead of Vertigo to close, they played: HMTMKMKM, God II, In God's Country, Acrobat:wink:, or freaking CRUMBS !

Yes, I could hear Vertigo happily twice in two hours.

Yes, I think it's cool to open and close with the same song,
but especially outdoors, when you open in the sunlight and close in the darkness. Am not going to any stadium shows myself, but I think that this idea is particularly compelling.(It's quite a bit less compelling for an arena I think; so there I think I'd rather hear a new song, and I'd guess it won't stick around for the fall leg back indoors)

Yes, I think closing with a rocking song is good for stadium shows, less so for arenas. It would also be messier to have all those longtime fans pissing themselves after hearing Acrobat to close in the stadiums, so they can save that for the arenas too!

cheers!

Voted "no."

Saw it live and it sounded great being there, but I heard these guys just got inducted into the Rock n' Roll hall of fame. That means they have a huge catalogue of legendary music, doesn't it?

absolutely not.

it's a disgrace to people who paid money to see u2 play a concert, not to see them fuck around with the same song twice.

and a weak song at that.

EPandAmerica said:
I voted no, although I was listening to the 4/25 Seattle boot and when Bono explains that encore means playing the same fucking song again, I thought that was just too :cute: ! :heart: cursing Bono :heart:

Agreed, and that's probably the best version of Vertigo, ever...I think that was the first time they played it twice? It'd be one thing if it were something they did every once and awhile, you know, spontaneous, but every night? :no: doesn't make sense. I mean, it really just DOESN'T make sense for a band with a huge catalouge of GREAT songs to play ANY song twice, even if it's the name of the tour. Can you imagine them playing Elevation twice on the Elevation tour?!

Vertigo catorce times on the other hand...:drool: :wink:

Gee, the results of this are going to be shocking. :laugh: A better test would be to survey the crowd coming out of a show where it was just done. That would be a true gauge of how effective it is in concert. The band think of this tour as a return to they Boy album period. Obviously the last time they opened and closed with the same song was the Boy tour. I think that is where they got the idea and that is why they are doing it now. I think Europe is getting it every show because its a great opener for a stadium crowd but its still light out, so no tracer lighting which is also awesome. So they do it again when its dark.

The typical Interference diehard here does not represent most of the crowd. I would guess maybe 10 to 15% of it at the very most.

Back
Top Bottom