The Fly - Boston vs. Chicago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, this is so hard. If we're just rating the main body of the song I'd say Vertigo easily. But the Boston version has so many other great things. I love the intro, and I love the "gotta go" part at the end. That part's so cool. Then he splats himself on the screen like a fly on a windshield. That part's even more cool. But then the Vertigo version is so cool.

I dunno... it's a tie.

Last edited:
I cant beLIEve that anyone would prefer the chicago Fly??????
Boston Fly is just awsome and blows it completely into the weeds. Just the sheer energy is just breathtaking. I can remember first seeing this, my mouth was wide open! Edges guitar rift is much better as well imo.

Oh and the ending! The ending the ending!!!!!!!!!!! gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go gotta go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Elevation intro made the song kicksass and I really like the way it was reinvented. But playing in A flat just isn't as heavy as the E flat of Zoo TV and Vertigo. It aint for nothing that if you want something to sound more heavier you go as low as possible, that's why detuning is so popular. Plus the new Vertigo drums just make it rock it more. For me its a tie.

Muad'zin said:
But playing in A flat just isn't as heavy as the E flat of Zoo TV and Vertigo. It aint for nothing that if you want something to sound more heavier you go as low as possible, that's why detuning is so popular. Plus the new Vertigo drums just make it rock it more. For me its a tie.
There, that's what I wanted to say :)

Back
Top Bottom