The Electric Co should be dropped...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Until this tour, the last time I heard them play Electric Co. Live, was in 1983 on the War tour. Damn, I'm getting old. But that song still kicks major ass :rockon:

hehe, I've posted it before but it bears repeating...

Electric Co. absolutely FLOORED me at the pre-tour L.A. rehearsal. I couldn't believe how great it sounded. The rehearsal version was even tighter than the San Diego I version.

U2 really capture a lot of energy with this song and, like others have said here, it's definitely one of the best performances of this tour.

Last edited:
in a world where we have to liten to everyone's opinion and can rarely state FACT, this has to be the exception! It is surely FACT that Electric Co. is easily one of the best U2 live moments on this tour. Oh, and i completely agree with whoever said that U2 always seem to rotate their best stuff!!!! Weird buggers.

Drop the Electric Co???????? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!
It`s one of the highlights , maybe THE highlight of the tour.
I think it`s the best song this tour!!!!

I`ve said it many times before : no way should Electric Co make way for another song at a show.
It SHOULD get played every night!!!!!

Now about ACD\ITH , I would like to see it return.
Why don`t they swap it with ISHFWILF , that one has grown tired.
And it`s a good spot for ACD\ITH in the set too.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

I agree with you Mauwer. Most people have never seen my play ACD/ITH before, including myself. I would much rather hear it than a tired version of ISHFWILF.

looks like you got your wish :mad: :mad: :mad:

if somebody from u2 saw this thread and thats why they did this then im coming after you :yell:

Chizip said:
looks like you got your wish :mad: :mad: :mad:

if somebody from u2 saw this thread and thats why they did this then im coming after you :yell:

So am I! :rant: :angry:

Axver said:

You better believe I'm going to unleash my killer bees
Grrrr03.gif

ELECTRIC CO is the best highlight of this tour, its amazing.

It was cool to see "an cat dubh" a few times, but it got old real quick and I wish they didnt play it every night on the first leg. It was alright, but i hated "into the heart". Bono would lay down for like 2 minutes, then bring up a child every night....cheesy.

Queen Bee said:

You better believe I'm going to unleash my killer bees
Grrrr03.gif

Good! That's just punishment! :mad:

Originally posted by RademR
It was cool to see "an cat dubh" a few times, but it got old real quick and I wish they didnt play it every night on the first leg.

It wasn't even played at half of the first leg gigs ...

I must say, while I am enjoying I Will Follow and those other songs, I do miss a little bit of An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart from the first leg.

"An Cat Dubh" was awesome. Who cares if the casual fans don't get it? It's just one song, and the casual fans will always have tired versions of "Pride" and "With or Without You." Indulge the hardcore fans a little.

The return of "Gloria" was even cooler than the return of "The Electric Co." (although "The Electric Co." makes a better staple since they can mix it up a little with the snippets).

I could live without "The Ocean" and "Into the Heart," though.

Last edited:
I can honestly say that I didn't particularly like An Cat Dubh . . . until I saw it live. Then it suddenly "clicked" for me :)

The Electric Co. is the best song in the set.

I said it. The greatest achievement of this tour is adding The Electric Co., and making it sound better than it once did. It's the best song from Boy, and it DOES get the crowd rocking.

I think it's a shame that it isn't a regular anylonger.

No way, Elec Co was a highlight of the night in Dallas. The Edge went off on his solo and some say it was one of the best if not the best versions of Elec Co. I enjoyed every min of it.

It got played again finally last night at the 8 NY show after it got dropped the last shows.

It should stay IN the set:wink:

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Electric Co blows away quite a few U2 classics this year:wink:

Drop The Co.?

Absurd.

It's already been played too little. I pity the long-time fan who could only make it to one show on this tour, and got Mysterious Ways instead.

It's one of their best live songs, and has been missing for too long as it is.

they should open and close the show with Electric Co.

Just kidding...but seriously...it's good.

Back
Top Bottom