The «Crumbs Mystery»...???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think they played it on the Promo Tour...at least it's not litsted for any of the dates on u2tours.com.

beerb002 said:
I think maybe they have the same problem like they had in 1987 with Red hill mining disaster. The song was to difficult to perform. That was the reason that one wasn't put out as a single.

Yup, Red Hill Mining Town was too high for Bono to sing on a nightly/semi-nightly basis, and you're correct that it was to be a single. They even shot some of the video.

It's unfortunate that they weren't able to perform it live, as it's one of my favourites off The Joshua Tree...... because of Bono's vocal performance. Chills, my friend, chills... :yes:

As others have said, I fully believe it will be played on the third leg. I will be more surprised if it's NOT played than if it is.

A Man and a Woman and One Step Closer, however, are very doubtful. Too bad, both are great songs, and I personally think One Step Closer could make an interesting and wonderful segue into Streets.

why do you doubt they'll play them? I hope they do as they are my favorites.
(Oh and I agree about one step closer)

Mynthor said:
I know the question has been discussed many times on this forum, but I wanted to ask other people's opinion or information on the reason why U2 has not yet played «Crumbs From Your Table» on the Vertigo tour :shrug: .

Actually, like many people agree with me, Crumbs is one of the best (if not the best :rolleyes: ). So, to me, three reasons are possible:

1- U2 have some difficulties to play this song live...
2- U2 want to keep this song to play it on a special occasion...
3- U2 doesn't like this song...

If anyone has some information concerning the missing of Crumbs in Vertigo's setlist or want to give his opinion just reply on this thread!!!

Must have been reason number two- we got Crumbs last night in Minneapolis and it ROCKED!:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom