"Stump Axver" Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
This is a simple game. Try to ask Axver a setlist-related question that he can't answer. Try to stump the setlist-master general himself :wink:

If you shout... said:
On which night, and in which city, did U2 play "I Will Follow" for the 364th time?

If I'm right, its in 1997-05-31 at East Rutherford, New Jersey(Giants Stadium)

If you shout... said:
On which night, and in which city, did U2 play "I Will Follow" for the 364th time?

haha. . . would you know? Axver could just make up. . .

maybe he's been making everything up all along :hmm: :|

Ok Ax.

1. If you only count only from the second legs of tours, how many times has Pride (In the Name of Love) been played?

2. Has One ever been song #12 in a set?

3. The Ocean was played at Toronto #4.

How many times has The Ocean been played in Canada?

Haha, didn't you people know that Axver has made everything up in here since day 1? :wink:

If you shout... said:

I wouldn't have a bloody clue, though part of the trouble here is that at some early shows, I Will Follow was played twice or even three times, so looking at a list of all shows it was played at won't give you the accurate answer unless your list shows a concert twice if IWF was played twice (like my database on u2-vertigo-tour.com, but I sure as hell am not going to count that!).

God Part III said:
Ok Ax.

1. If you only count only from the second legs of tours, how many times has Pride (In the Name of Love) been played?

2. Has One ever been song #12 in a set?

3. The Ocean was played at Toronto #4.

How many times has The Ocean been played in Canada?

1. I don't know what website you're using. I use u2-vertigo-tour.com, where our tour legs for earlier tours tend to be organised a little differently to u2tours.com, which would give a different result. Now, I don't know the answer to this one, but I'm going to say it's roughly 150.

2. Yes, the first Anaheim show of the Vertigo Tour.

3. At least twice. Hey, I'm not wrong. :wink:

1. I don't know what website you're using. I use u2-vertigo-tour.com, where our tour legs for earlier tours tend to be organised a little differently to u2tours.com, which would give a different result. Now, I don't know the answer to this one, but I'm going to say it's roughly 150 times

It's unfortunately a hell of a lot more.

Okay, I've got one.

Which U2 song closed the second most October shows? (CLUE: Not The Ocean. And now, I don't have the amount of times handy, I do know the answer is right though.)

liamcool said:
Okay, I've got one.

Which U2 song closed the second most October shows? (CLUE: Not The Ocean. And now, I don't have the amount of times handy, I do know the answer is right though.)

The Ocean was most and I Will Follow second.

liamcool said:

It's unfortunately a hell of a lot more.

Is it? Some second legs aren't exactly overflowing with shows, like the second leg of Lovetown was just 4 Kiwi shows and the second leg of UF has a number of missing sets.

Is it? Some second legs aren't exactly overflowing with shows, like the second leg of Lovetown was just 4 Kiwi shows and the second leg of UF has a number of missing sets.

I THINK that's wrong, not sure though. I know IWF closed at least one October show...(Dooley's?)

Yeah, true, but all the other second legs have like 20-30 shows each.

Name all the songs with a snippet on the 27-12-1989 show.

Last edited:
liamcool said:

Yeah, true, but all the other second legs have like 20-30 shows each.

Name all the songs with a snippet on the 27-12-1989 show.

So if each leg has 30 shows, that's JT+Zoo+Popmart+Elevation+Vertigo, which is my 150. I know it missed some of those Elevation shows. So maybe I over-compensated. 160 should be reasonable.

Edit: forgot your question, haha. Hmm, that's a tough one ... ISHFWILF, THBAO --> Pride (I know the snippet's between them, I forget which song it's noted as being during), can't think of any others.

By the way, funniest part of this thread is I'm currently addicted to stick cricket and every time I see this thread title, I think of it - as a form of dismissal in cricket is being stumped.

When was the last known time Bono sung 6 days in a row? My guess was 1984.

How many countries have u2 played? BB King has played 90.

How many times have U2 done a 3rd encore? (Ie: Turin 2001, Croke 2005)

Have U2 ever been blown off the stage by an act on the same bill?

What's the highest number of "wide awakes" bono has hit in full voice in a single version of "Bad"?

What show has the highest number of tour 'debuts' that is not the opening night?

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
When was the last known time Bono sung 6 days in a row? My guess was 1984.

Well, I can only go by actual show dates as I don't have rehearsal dates, and I believe the last time that happened was the first leg of War, which had something like eight shows in eight days.

How many countries have u2 played? BB King has played 90.

(Counting all the parts of the UK - i.e. Northern Ireland, Scotland, etc. - as one country.)

I think the total is 31: Ireland, UK, Canada, USA, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Portugal, Spain, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Greece, Israel, South Africa, Japan, Australia, New Zealand.

I hope I've tragically forgotten somewhere as that's a pretty poor figure. :|

How many times have U2 done a 3rd encore? (Ie: Turin 2001, Croke 2005)

Yeah, it happened on the Boy Tour. I heard of one show where they just kept on coming out and doing I Will Follow for repeat encores and by the end the band and remaining crowd were falling over themselves laughing.

Have U2 ever been blown off the stage by an act on the same bill?

Wouldn't know.

What's the highest number of "wide awakes" bono has hit in full voice in a single version of "Bad"?

Again, wouldn't know, not something setlists can tell me.

What show has the highest number of tour 'debuts' that is not the opening night?

I honestly don't know, but I'm guessing it occurred sometime on Lovetown.

liamcool said:
QUESTION

What was the most times that a song was played during a regular tour show that WASNT on the Boy Tour?

Gloria (and I think I Will Follow too) at Dooley's, Lansing, three times. First North American leg of October.

Which tour had the largest carryover of songs from the album that the immediately preceding tour was supporting? And what were the songs that were carried over?

liamcool said:
Very good.

How many times was the song One NOT played on the PoPMart tour?

One was played at every singe full tour show. Whether side events should be considered as part of the tour, album promo, charity contribution, or something else is debatable.

namkcuR said:
Which tour had the largest carryover of songs from the album that the immediately preceding tour was supporting? And what were the songs that were carried over?

October from Boy: ten - I Will Follow, Twilight, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Out Of Control, Stories For Boys, The Ocean, A Day Without Me, Another Time Another Place, The Electric Co. There were also three Boy-era songs carried over: 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Touch, and Things To Make And Do.

timothius said:

Does this include ZooTV -> Zooropa?

Doesn't matter if it does, as So Cruel, WGRYWH, and Acrobat didn't make it past the third leg of ZooTV. That means only nine songs progressed, one less than Boy --> October.

Though it SHOULDN'T include ZooTV --> Zooropa, as there was no Zooropa tour, just a Zooropa leg. In 1993, U2 did the fourth leg ('Zooropa') and fifth leg ('Zoomerang') of the 1992-93 ZooTV Tour.

October from Boy: ten - I Will Follow, Twilight, An Cat Dubh, Into The Heart, Out Of Control, Stories For Boys, The Ocean, A Day Without Me, Another Time Another Place, The Electric Co. There were also three Boy-era songs carried over: 11 O'clock Tick Tock, Touch, and Things To Make And Do.

Nope, it was Boy/Girl, mate.

EDIT: Instead of Touch, I meant.

There is a part of one tour that has been recycled and used for two more tours afterwards - a physical object, NOT a concept, that has been recycled and used later on - what was the object originally and what tour was it used on it, what are the other two tours it was recycled/used on, and what was it used for/as on those tours?

(Not setlist-related, but still tour-related)

Back
Top Bottom