Stop with Acrobat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
Acrobat will never be played live. It wasn't played live over ten years ago when it was released, and it won't be played live now. Why add a song they never did with the tour promoting the album that it was on? It won't happen.

Love is Blindness and Dirty Day have better chances of being played than Acrobat.

U2Fan101 said:
Why add a song they never did with the tour promoting the album that it was on?

I think you just answered your own question. Most U2 fans rank Acrobat as one of U2's best songs ever written and performed. Thats why we want to hear it live.

djerdap said:
And the purpose of this thread is...
???

I think its a pre emptive strike to the inevitable setlist bitching (which has already begun and the tour hasnt ever started) in which someone will say something like "Why dont they play Acrobat?? This setlist sucks, they need to play songs like that". Plus you have fans starting petitions (on this very board) to get it played, kind of ridiculous if you ask me but each their own.

Honestly, I could care less if it is ever played. I dont really think its that great of a song. Its alright, but not worth all the hype that gets put on it simply because U2 hasnt played it at a show. :shrug:

Personally, I love Acrobat and I say they should play it. At the same time, I recognise the chances of that happening are even more minimal than U2 hiring me as their official Setlist Design Guy.

Blue Room said:

I think its a pre emptive strike to the inevitable setlist bitching (which has already begun and the tour hasnt ever started) in which someone will say something like "Why dont they play Acrobat?? This setlist sucks, they need to play songs like that". Plus you have fans starting petitions (on this very board) to get it played, kind of ridiculous if you ask me but each their own.

Honestly, I could care less if it is ever played. I dont really think its that great of a song. Its alright, but not worth all the hype that gets put on it simply because U2 hasnt played it at a show. :shrug:

exactly, and the funny part is, if U2 played Acrobat, there would be more bitching because it probably wouldn't meet the high expectations people have.

i personally think it would be absolutely hilarious if U2 played an acoustic Acrobat!

Larry should sing Acrobat like he sung numbers like Dirty Old Town on ZooTV.

yeah, really.

people are holding onto it like it's the holy grail or something.

imo it's way overrated on this board. it's a good tune, but it ain't gonna be played.
ever.

sorry.

mikal said:
personally think it would be absolutely hilarious if U2 played an acoustic Acrobat!
It's on a bootleg entitled "Jesus Was A Cool Guy." All acoustic stuff.

Hey Macfistowannabe, I thought that Acrobat was on the Hershey bootlegs. Unless my tracklist is off, I have both of those boots and Acrobat is on the Hershy bootlegs. And if anyone wants to know, besides actually going to a concert, I don't think anything could make me happier than if they played Acrobat, acoustic or otherwise.

Do you think you could put the acoustic Acrobat up on y o u s e n d i t or something? I would like to hear it.

UVMan said:
Hey Macfistowannabe, I thought that Acrobat was on the Hershey bootlegs. Unless my tracklist is off, I have both of those boots and Acrobat is on the Hershy bootlegs. And if anyone wants to know, besides actually going to a concert, I don't think anything could make me happier than if they played Acrobat, acoustic or otherwise.
I don't know anything about the Hershey bootlegs, sorry...

:huh:

The acoustic Acrobat's proper home is from the bootleg of the closed Hershey rehearsals of 6 August 1992.

why not?

they could surprise us and play it...

on Metallica's last tour, they whipped out a few songs they never played live because of fan feedback and stuff... Dyers Eve being one that has a huge fan following and was tossed around on message boards before the tour started, and they played it every few nights

you never know, it could happen... although, the Album Metallica was touring in support of was very mediocre and they only played two songs off St. Anger in the entire set

Back
Top Bottom