Spoiler: additional songs heard in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
From a comment in Blog on atu2.com:

This is Andrea in Vancouver, and I managed to hear...

Hold onto your hats...

An Cat Dubh
The Ocean
Into the Heart

And a couple other Boy songs we couldn't manage to place.
But, the setlist was definitely all over the place.

And everything I heard, aside from Bono saving his voice as usual and not sounding 100%, sounded fan-fecking-tastic.

And of everything played, they seemed to start with Love and Peace, a great opener IMO.

Hopefully, more tomorrow with my fabulous 10 minutes per dollar internet connection.

Axver said:
Mind the skepticism, but really?

I know...I was surprised to see Boy songs played, with all the 90s-all-over-the-place rehearsals talk.

But maybe this is pointing to the rumored varying setlists. I mean, Boy songs, Running to stand still, plethora of 90's songs - no way can they fit all that in one regular setlist.

Last edited:
Wouldnt mind An Cat Dubh-Into The Heart, but not The Ocean. I'd consider that a waste of a track if they played that these days. U can play it when u have just 2 or 3 albums under ur belt - but not in 2005.

Plus - I dont wanna here Bono changing the lyrics - "Splashes the soul of my shoes":madspit:

I say any songs that haven't been played in a looong while are completely welcome! And Love and Peace as a possible opener? I know that song will ROCK live, but I've always kinda imagined it somewhere in the middle...

Sorry, but I don't buy this. An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart? Great songs, but these weren't played for 20 years. Bono probably forgot about them.

you know whats funny? someone posted this rumor in another thread and said "u2 girl posted it." So when I read it I got all excited because we have trust in u2girl.

But then I read more carefully and saw the blog was made by someone on atu2, and I was like "ah....i dont know them. I dont think I buy this."

Anything is possible. Isn't this year the 25th anniversary of the Boy album? Maybe they might mix in a different set of Boy tunes each night? Also, do you think Bono might sing a few snippets of Stories For Boys over the SFB rift in Vertigo?

Yes, 25th anniversary of Boy, 20th anniversary of The Unforgettable Fire album & tour.

There are just oodles of good reasons for the band to play any number of songs from the past. We've been so conditioned by the modest and cautious offerings of past tourst that we've stopped "dreaming out loud" about our hopes.

Well, I choose to not be cynical. I'm going to expect a "safe" setlist, but not be disappointed by it, and be thrilled if the boys show the chutzpah to break their pattern.

broken toy said:
Yes, 25th anniversary of Boy, 20th anniversary of The Unforgettable Fire album & tour.

There are just oodles of good reasons for the band to play any number of songs from the past. We've been so conditioned by the modest and cautious offerings of past tourst that we've stopped "dreaming out loud" about our hopes.

Well, I choose to not be cynical. I'm going to expect a "safe" setlist, but not be disappointed by it, and be thrilled if the boys show the chutzpah to break their pattern.

Good call. It's also 15 years since the end of Lovetown, the era of U2's most varied setlists, and JT has just recently 'come of age', so maybe we will see a higher concentration of eighties rarities.

I, however, remain extremely skeptical and won't believe An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart until I hear the bootleg.

This is The Black Cat ...!

Back
Top Bottom