Songs that WON'T be played live on this tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
People you need to stop torturing yourselves. There is absolutely no way in hell you are going to hear the following songs on the remainder of this tour.

Gloria
An Cat Dubh/Into the heart
Out of Control
The Ocean
Unforgettable Fire
Running to stand still
Ultraviolet
Acrobat
ANYTHING OFF ZOOROPA
ANYTHING OFF POP - They rehearsed a few songs, never made it into the show. If they were planning on playing these songs, they'd have done it by now. There is no way that Discotheque, Mofo, Please or anything from this album will be played live.
Miracle Drug, unfortunately
Crumbs from your table, unfortunately

The_acrobat said:
People you need to stop torturing yourselves. There is absolutely no way in hell you are going to hear the following songs on the remainder of this tour.

Gloria
An Cat Dubh/Into the heart
Out of Control
The Ocean
Unforgettable Fire
Running to stand still
Ultraviolet
Acrobat
ANYTHING OFF ZOOROPA
ANYTHING OFF POP - They rehearsed a few songs, never made it into the show. If they were planning on playing these songs, they'd have done it by now. There is no way that Discotheque, Mofo, Please or anything from this album will be played live.
Miracle Drug, unfortunately
Crumbs from your table, unfortunately

You may be right. I wouldnt rule out Gloria or Crumbs From Your Table completely though. Those are feasible. They appear to be putting in some acoustic stuff again also (IE Stuck from last night) so The First Time could make an appearence at some point if that trend continues.

Ultraviolet and Acrobat have never been possibilities on this tour (or any tour since Zoo). So I'm not sure why you even listed those.

i think gloria will be played again somewhere down the road, ditto crumbs. i also would not rule out out of control, but i doubt that one as well.

I think some of this list is accurate and some quite probably bollocks.

Gloria - unlikely, but I can see it if they start playing the early stuff again (although it supposedly didn't go down so well in Mexico, I can see them trying it in Australia/NZ)
An Cat Dubh/Into the heart - agree
Out of Control - more likely than Gloria, I'd pick it as a good chance for Saint Patrick's Day and the last gig
The Ocean - agree
Unforgettable Fire - agree
Running to stand still - agree
Ultraviolet - duh
Acrobat - duh
ANYTHING OFF ZOOROPA - I could see The First Time coming in either for Yahweh or around the OOTS/SYCMIOYO point
ANYTHING OFF POP - Probably, but New Zealand deserves a Pop song as we were missed on Popmart after initially appearing in the schedule
Miracle Drug - I think it's possible that it could come back in some multiple night cities
Crumbs from your table - I would have agreed two days ago, but the return of Fast Cars makes me think Crumbs isn't outside the realm of possibility

Oh, and they're never playing Vertigo again. :wink:

DignityPassesBy said:
I don't think we'll hear crumbs i don't think they ever got it to the point where they were happy to play it night after night maybe next tour.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. It seemed to have gone after its September debut and four October performances, but then it re-appeared twice in December at the end of the third leg. It was last played on 15 December 2005 at the third-last show of the leg. I think it could still make it, especially as Fast Cars has shown up.

bono_man2002 said:
While most of that is probably right, Australia/NZ/Japan usually makes for some good setlists (ok...lets excluded PopMart)...

I'd even include Popmart. Bad and MLK have to count for something.

MLK wasnt unique to Australia though on Popmart. They did it several times on every single leg of Popmart. Bad was a 4th leg Popmart thing, not an Australian one.

I do agree though that the setlist will probably change again at least a little when they get to NZ and Australia. Thats when I think the Boy songs could return (IE Electric Co).

They rehearsed One Step Closer in Vancouver, but that's never gonna get played, probably didn't work out like they wanted it to...

Blue Room said:
MLK wasnt unique to Australia though on Popmart. They did it several times on every single leg of Popmart. Bad was a 4th leg Popmart thing, not an Australian one.

True and kind of right.

MLK: Pretty regular for a time in Europe. Barely done in North America though. It wasn't exactly as regular as, say, Gone. Still an interesting inclusion, 3 out of 4 in Australia.

Bad: It was played at every single Australian show, 4 out of 4. Only one other country can claim to have it played at all their shows, Chile, and that's because they had only one show in the first place! Nowhere else had Bad played at more than half of their shows (in fact, only two other countries had Bad played at half their shows, Japan and South Africa, both with only two shows each).

I do agree though that the setlist will probably change again at least a little when they get to NZ and Australia. Thats when I think the Boy songs could return (IE Electric Co).

That's what I'm predicting too, but I'm hoping they don't deny South America Bad and the Boy songs just because of the reception in Monterrey. The reviews I've read seem to imply the Monterrey crowd in general was less excitable than Mexico City.

theu2fly said:
They rehearsed One Step Closer in Vancouver, but that's never gonna get played, probably didn't work out like they wanted it to...

where did you hear this? :huh:

When I met Bono in Copenhagen, I asked him to play Out of Control in Yokohama. So don't be too sure ;)

Well i was talking to bono today cause they're staying at my house at the moment just cause i'm awesome and i asked him to play electrical storm, mofo, please, gone, last night on earth, a sort of homecoming and tomorrow but deep down i know it ain't gonna happen

<<they rehearsed one Step Closer in Vancouver>>

I'm the source of that rumour, which I mixed up song titles with COBL. Interestingly, several members of this board corrected me, meaning they could only be members of U2's entourage.

u2fp

The_acrobat said:

ANYTHING OFF ZOOROPA

I guess you are wrong...
They played The First Time tonight!

Back
Top Bottom