'Sometimes...' seguing into 'Streets' ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I've been thinking that 'Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own' could be the song that segues into 'Where The Streets Have No Name' because that song itself has a synthesizer that would lead into it quite nice...

What do you think?

I did think it would work a while back.....

After sometimes finishes bono could repeat "hear me when i sing!"....and then hit the big "hear me when i SING!" and away we go for streets.......

we'll find out in a months time!! :hyper:

I actually think it would flow a lot better into Bad.

SYCMIOYO --> Bad --> Streets = :drool:

Yes SYCMIOYO --> Bad --> Streets would be perfect (I'd love it but don't know if they'd repeat Bad into Streets

I'd love SYCMIOYO --> When I Look at the World (probably only snippets, we couldn't be lucky enough to hear this live) --> Streets or Yahweh

But I think Yahweh/40 will probably be the closer as Axver has stated.

I had the most amazing dreamthe other night! An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart into Bad and I was GAing right in front of the Edge! It sounded amazing!:drool:

No no no....a snippet of One Step Closer will segue into Streets. It's perfect thematically; it's perfect sonically.

I'd like to see "Who's Going To Ride Your Wild Horses" merge into WTSHNN ... like they did a few times on the Elevation tour.

that's what I read - WOWY into Streets - Most amazing part of show...I think that was a quote from PM or Willie Williams

According to a Spanish (?) radio announcer, Paul McGuinness was said to have stated WOWY --> Streets will be the highlight of the show.

knox said:
OK, this thread officially marks the end of my reading of this section of the forum. See you guys in May. :wave:

How in the world are you going to survive?

ayearwome said:
Yes SYCMIOYO --> Bad --> Streets would be perfect (I'd love it but don't know if they'd repeat Bad into Streets

I'd love SYCMIOYO --> When I Look at the World (probably only snippets, we couldn't be lucky enough to hear this live) --> Streets or Yahweh

But I think Yahweh/40 will probably be the closer as Axver has stated.

I like the ideas above. I'm not sure about Yahweh as a closer - much as I love the song, I just don't think it would work - too sombre. Possibly as the closer at the very end of the tour, but I can't imagine it working throughout.

Yeah. Although I can hear how Sometimes... would connect with Streets, I don't think it would work at all: far too much of a mood change. Personally I'd just find it too emotionally mixed up to deal with... but maybe that's just a personal thing.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
how about a cover of horse with no name segues into where the streets have no name

i like it.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Axver said:
According to a Spanish (?) radio announcer, Paul McGuinness was said to have stated WOWY --> Streets will be the highlight of the show.

YES PLEASE. That's perfect! :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom