So now that most of us have heard the new album...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ImOuttaControl

Refugee
What do you think a new setlist will look like? Keep in mind U2 will probably never play more than 21-22 songs in a night, ever. I do think that U2 will play most of their new songs.

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
3. New Year's Day
4. Until The End of the World
5. Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
6. Electrical Storm
7. Miracle Drug
8. Desire (yep, full band)
9. Old School song (11 O'Clock, I Will Follow, Electric Co...)

Acoustic Set:
10. Please
11. Stuck In A Moment
12. Original of the Species

Back to full band:
13. Where The Streets Have No Name
14. Pride (I kinda think they'll dump this one, but I'll still put it in)
15. Fast Cars (if it is as good as they say, I have no doubt it'll be played).
16. Gone
17. Crumbs from Your Table

Encore 1:
18. Love and Peace or Else
19. Running to Stand Still (Edge said it's his fav. song, so I could see a return being very possible)
20. City of Blinding Lights (Imagine the paino from RTSS segues(sp?) into the piano on COBL

Encore 2:
21. One
22. Yaweh/40

Other songs I think are likely to fit in nicely with HTDAAB would include: Full Band "In Gods Country," Maybe Discotheque early off in the set with Vertigo and ABOY, Unforgettable Fire or Bad could make a return. I'd love to see The Fly again, but I think it's gonna be put away.

With or Without You, Mysterious Ways, Bullet and SBS will, IMO, be taken off the regular setlist but still played on occasion.

I really do think there will be more variety in these shows...I mean, with so many good songs they can change it up more often, like in the 3rd leg of the Elevation Tour.

Here's my stab at it:

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
3. Love and Peace or Else
4. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
5. Electric Co.
6. Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own
7. Original of the Species
8. Electrical Storm
9. Discoteche
10. Mysterious Ways
11. Miracle Drug
12. Until the End of the World

13. Staring atthe Sun (Accoustic)
14. Desire (Accoustic)
15. Running to Stand STill
16. Bad
17. Pride
18. Streets

19. City of Blinding Lights
20. With or Without You
21. One
22. One Step Closer to Knowing

I demand them to play Until The End Of The World. My favourite ever song of theirs, they have to play it. I really want them to play Crumbs From Your Table too.

I can't make such a list, I've never been to a show :(
Anyway, I'm only 15, so I can't blame myself.

God Part III said:
I can't make such a list, I've never been to a show :(

You don't need to have been to a show to be able to make a setlist ... I've never been to a U2 concert (I feel the pain of being too young), I've just spent a lot of time listening to bootlegs and studying past sets.

With regards to this thread, I've already posted some sets in the other thread ... but I might as well make one for here as well!

1. All Because Of You
2. Elevation
3. I Will Follow
4. Crumbs From Your Table
5. Miracle Drug
7. Pride
8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
<B-Stage>
10. Stay
11. One Step Closer
</B-Stage>
12. Bad
13. Where The Streets Have No Name
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. New Year's Day

16. Vertigo
17. Until The End Of The World
18. Love And Peace Or Else

19. Bullet The Blue Sky
20. Running To Stand Still
21. Original Of The Species
22. 40

i notice a lack of ATYCLB... you certainly must know that they WILL play Beautiful Day if not a few more like Walk on and stuck in a moment

ImOuttaControl said:
I really do think there will be more variety in these shows...I mean, with so many good songs they can change it up more often, like in the 3rd leg of the Elevation Tour.

I thought most of the 3rd leg (all actually) the set lists were very pedestrian. I just pray that they mix it up EACH AND EVERY NIGHT!!!

I agree with most - Vertigo in to All Because of You. I hope they change song #3 from UTEOTW to something different.

I like Yahweh to end but also Miracle Drug or Originial could make an appearance......

I guess we will have to wait another 4 months till March........

I think you'll hear Kite too. It fits with SYCMIOYO and One Step Closer. I'd like to see One Step Closer segue into 'Streets'.

Oh dear. You are all real fans. Seconds after stealing music you can all smugly decide what the setlist will be. Isn't this 'now that most of us have heard the new album" exlcusive little club such fun. Losers. Just wait. And then buy it. And then listen to it – at decent quality – and then chat. And don't bother replying with your, "Oh, but I'm going it buy it anyway" or your "But U2 are full of cash anyway" or your "Bono says it's cool to download" rubbish. Those who have stolen the music in advance should pay some cash to a charity of U2's choice and stop being smug little "true fans who can't wait" or actually "thiefs".
Nerds. Dorks. Children.

Here's my guess.....

1. Vertigo
2. Out of control/ I will follow/ 11 o'clock/ Electric co (they'll mix)
3. Miracle drug
4. Until the end of the world
5. New Year's day
6. City of blindings light
7. Sometimes you can't make it on your own
8. Gone
9. Original of the species (acoustic)
10. A man and a woman with snippet of Party girl !!!! (dreaming is good)
11. Desire/ Starring at the sun/ Stay (mix)
12. Love peace or else
13. Bullet the blue sky
14. Running to stand still

15. Where the streets have no name
16. All because of you
17. The fly

18. The Unforgettable fire
19. With or without you
20. One
21. Yahweh

mmmmm...... i wish they would play Like a song, Acrobat, Stories for boys, Wire, In God's country, God part 2 and Zoo Station..... but....

Peace

Murdo, enjoying our best band together with the true intention of buying it isn't really stealing to me. I ordered the box set that cost 50 bucks and i have probably more than 2000 bucks of U2 stuff, legal and illegal..... but a fan is a fan as far as he doesn't kill his idols like Mark Chapmann did!

Oh yeah, i forgot the concerts tickets..... add 500 bucks!

Peace

MURDO said:
Oh dear. You are all real fans. Seconds after stealing music you can all smugly decide what the setlist will be. Isn't this 'now that most of us have heard the new album" exlcusive little club such fun. Losers. Just wait. And then buy it. And then listen to it – at decent quality – and then chat. And don't bother replying with your, "Oh, but I'm going it buy it anyway" or your "But U2 are full of cash anyway" or your "Bono says it's cool to download" rubbish. Those who have stolen the music in advance should pay some cash to a charity of U2's choice and stop being smug little "true fans who can't wait" or actually "thiefs".
Nerds. Dorks. Children.

A little disgruntled here I suspect. Take a chill pill. It's out there, find it.

Here's an old one I put on U2star,I should probably update it. :der:

1. Intro (a cover of some kind)
2. Vertigo
3. The Fly
4. Mysterious Ways
5. City of Blinding Lights
6. An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
7. A Day Without Me
8. Surrender
9. Sunday Bloody Sunday/Bullet The Blue Sky/Seconds (Medley)
10. Kite
11. Even Better Than The Real Thing
12. ISHFWILF/Exodus
13. Man And Woman
14. Stay
15. Trip Through Your Wires
16. Discotheque
17. Miracle Drug
18. All Because of You
19. Miss Sarajevo

Encore

20. Hold Me,Thrill Me,Kiss Me,Kill Me
21. Love and Peace or Else
22. Electrical Storm
23. Yahweh
24. "40"
25. Walk On/Hallelujah

Murdo, shut up and go away.

Dr_Macphisto said:
i notice a lack of ATYCLB... you certainly must know that they WILL play Beautiful Day if not a few more like Walk on and stuck in a moment

This is quite true ... I honestly keep forgetting to include ATYCLB songs. I have to make a conscious effort to include them, except for Kite. Beautiful Day, as you say, is a certainly. I wonder if Walk On will suffer the fate of Love Is Blindness ... should be interesting to see. Stuck, I think, will be cut or appear in the acoustic set.

Back
Top Bottom