Sgt. Pepper - 1st performance ever? Uh, not quite.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShackDaddy41

Babyface
Sorry if this has been discussed.

What's with the hoopla of Live 8 being the first performance of Sgt. Pepper by a Beatle? McCartney has played the song and the reprise with a lengthy guitar jam in the middle on his last 3 tours, going back to 1989.

Were they referring to having the French horn, etc. present? Fine. But, c'mon, a few million people have seen MCartney do this.

really? because they were saying he has only played the outro or something before....:shrug:

No, he's done the whole thing.

You can hear it on Tripping The Live Fantastic, his 2 CD live album from the 1989-90 Flowers in the Dirt tour.

I saw him on the 1993 Live in the New World tour and he did it. I think he only did the first part on his last tour (2002-03.)

BTW, I think the L8 version was really good.

I also saw McCartney play this song live in 1989, 90 and 93. On those tours, he linked it together with the Reprise by including some guitar jamming between the 2. In his 2002-04 tours, Paul was playing just the Reprise linked to The End.

Bono was completely wrong in making this statement. I know that The Edge went to see Paul live at the RDS in Dublin in May 2003, so he would have seen the Sgt. Pepper's Reprise played there.

Halup has it right on the money!

Me thinks Sir Paul was smoking a fatty with Snoop Dogg before the MTV idiot asked him if it was the first time played. :)

bono making incorrect statements?

nah...that never happens.

:crack:

Back
Top Bottom