Setlist thoughts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PhoenixGNX

The Fly
I'm sure if you check my posts in the past, I pretty never bicker about setlist changes. But...yea...this is kinda getting rediculous (the same setlists lately). There's gotta be something up. I don't see how having this same setlist night after night for like a month is sparking any spontaneity of life on stage. I'm sure the show is great..its U2. But yea, c'mon guys, you can at least interchange songs like you did on Elevation. Hopefully the 3rd leg shows some major changes. Is it the tour? The album? I dont know. But, this tour just seems a bit flat. Elevation had such a spark and chemisty to it. This tour just seems to be...i dunno..there. Nothing about it.

I talked to my friend the other day and he put it like this:

"THe early years they were full of fire and political...Joshua Tree and Rattle they were exploring American music...Zoo and POP were spent experimenting...Elevation was a back to basics spirtual welcome home period....but now, its like, U2 are just there."

Dont get me wrong, Ive got floor tix for the 3rd leg and ill be there at 4am to get in line and rock my socks off. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this same perception of this tour.

I think the tour lacks a little spark too but I haven't seen it yet so I should reserve my opinion until then. The first leg had much more creativity but they were playing multiple shows. The second leg has been much more static but most of their past tours have had static setlists too and they didn't seem as ho hum as this tour. I think that will change though when I see them in December. I hope so!

here we go again thread number 1000000000000000000 about setlists, what did you guys say during ZooTv then?

elevation had such a spark did it? you sure about that? what happend at the second manchester show when bono walked of stage after one, and not return?

but as i said what about the Zoo Sets? i guess they were find were they?

and your saying this after not even seeing a show? hmm ok

People need to understand the difference between an exciting setlist and an exciting show.

The setlists are disapointing and static.

The shows are amazing and U2 is playing at the absolute height of their powers.

I have seen U2 play 12 times and the San Diego Vertigo show was BY FAR the best!!!

Niceman said:
People need to understand the difference between an exciting setlist and an exciting show.

I have seen U2 play 12 times and the San Diego Vertigo show was BY FAR the best!!!
totally agree, the setlist makes the show, and when your there just the whole feeling of it is something i have never seen in U2, such anger, such love, and so much belief

manchester 1 was the best U2 concert i have seen, that included boots, going to both popmart and elevation, and offcial DVDs

KUEFC09U2 said:
here we go again thread number 1000000000000000000 about setlists, what did you guys say during ZooTv then?

elevation had such a spark did it? you sure about that? what happend at the second manchester show when bono walked of stage after one, and not return?

but as i said what about the Zoo Sets? i guess they were find were they?

and your saying this after not even seeing a show? hmm ok

I already saw the show back in April in San Jose. They were rusty (unlike the April 20 San Jose how for Elevation which was the best concert ever), but they sound solid now so I cant wait to se them again. As for the Zoo sets, yes they were static, but that whole tour was so revolutionary that they could afford being static to some degree. Plus, POP and ZOO were such huge productions that they had to have a pretty strict setlist.

As for the Manchester show of Elevation...yea umm, was Bono's dad near death that week? :eyebrow:

KUEFC09U2 said:
well it was for me? do i not count?
no, since I'm posting my opinion :rolleyes:

Niceman said:

of course, this is what I meant

PhoenixGNX said:

I already saw the show back in April in San Jose. They were rusty (unlike the April 20 San Jose how for Elevation which was the best concert ever), but they sound solid now so I cant wait to se them again. As for the Zoo sets, yes they were static, but that whole tour was so revolutionary that they could afford being static to some degree. Plus, POP and ZOO were such huge productions that they had to have a pretty strict setlist.

As for the Manchester show of Elevation...yea umm, was Bono's dad near death that week? :eyebrow:
belive it or not the european production of vertigo is actually pretty big aswell, so why cant the same excuse be used?

ah but it was ok during ZooTv and popmart, and lets not forget the Zoo tour never featured any songs from 3 of U2's previous album, but yes obviously it was all ok then

Back
Top Bottom